Cheri's Reviews > The Roundabout

The Roundabout by Gerri Hill

1994963

it was ok
bookshelves: arc, lgbtq, romance, netgalley

Like all Gerri Hill stand alone romances, I went into The Roundabout with mid-range hopes. Her books are never really stellar but they're almost always enjoyable in a light, easy read with moderately engaging characters who I want to see succeed and be happy.

Unfortunately, this one didn't meet my expectations. The book was shortish but still felt bloated with lots of repeated words and basic information. It could have been tightened up quite a bit to make it move along at a better pace but, as it was, not much really happened until nearly the end of the book.

Definitely not one I'd read again.

The copy I read was a review copy sent by the publisher.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Roundabout.

December 6, 2016 – Started Reading
December 6, 2016 – Shelved
December 6, 2016 –
28.0% "So far a pretty standard Gerri Hill romance. Megan is just so incredibly unlikable that, at this point, I'd be fine with her being alone and miserable forever. I don't think she's been anything but shitty to anyone yet - including her family."
December 6, 2016 –
33.0% "Meh at best. Megan is still unlikable and the story seems to be dragging on. Leah purchased a store, it's only a few weeks away from when she wants to open and she still doesn't really know what she wants to sell. The whole Facebook angle is not helping. If someone is sharing increasingly lewd photos of you, and you're upset about it, contact FB. Seems like a better way to advance the plot could have been found."
December 7, 2016 – Finished Reading