Chelsea Williford's Reviews > The Heiress of Linn Hagh

The Heiress of Linn Hagh by Karen Charlton

liked it

This was a good enough read. It isn't anything special, but if you like a good, straightforward mystery, this won't disappoint. Lavender's going on about every woman's appearance and whether she's attractive got old, and I was very surprised to find the author isn't a man with that being the case, but it wasn't enough to take me out of the story.

Woods in particular was a very likeable character, and I really enjoyed the parts from his point of view. He was a much better character to connect with and care about than the main character. I also really liked all the parts from Anna's point of view. she was also very easy to relate to.

The plot twist was actually pretty good, and the reveal about poor Mathew's injuries was absolutely heartbreaking.

All in all, it was a good read and I will be reading the subsequent Detective Lavender books. I only give it 3*s because I'm hard on books and this, to me, was an average read, so it gets an average rating.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Heiress of Linn Hagh.

December 5, 2016 – Shelved