Julie Carpenter's Reviews > Christmas Makeover

Christmas Makeover by Cami Checketts

33202384
What a sweet, clean and perfect snuggle up inside by the fireplace while the snow falls outside, Christmas read!

I loved Chelsea and her spunky sweet personality. She has several insecurities when it comes to the man of her dreams, her best friend from high school whom she hasn't seen or heard from in 6 long years. Oh how she's dreamed about him from the day of their first meeting but they've only ever been friends and she's not even sure he realizes she's a girl. Ok he knows she's a girl but not in the sense that he might be interested in her other than a hang out, shoot some hoops, or play some other sport with her like he would a guy buddy.

When a chance encounter brings Drew back into her life Chelsea has to decide if she takes a chance to risk showing him she's interested or stay his buddy because nothing will ever move past friendship in their relationship.

Along with Chelsea's and Drew's relationship/friendship we also have another budding relationship underlying in the story. Mason is one of Chelsea's high school students. His life is complicated and he gives all he can to support and protect his family. Yet he has fallen hard for the smartest, prettiest and richest girls at school. Mason is so far out of her league, and yet he can't help but wish for the chance to be better friends.

I loved this sweet Christmas story. I loved the characters, their interactions with each other, their goodness, their support of each other. So many great characters that gave a nice blend to the story. The setting and timing of the story were fun and added greatly to the story. A small town at Christmas time...what better place to visit in a book as Christmas approaches than a place that helps you feel the spirit of Christmas and the joy of giving rather than receiving.

Super cute and swoony read. I'm glad I picked this for my quiet and calm evening read. I needed something fun and quick to read. Cami is definitely on my favorite authors list. I've read several of hers now and have come away smiling and pleasantly surprised after each book I've read. Definitely worth it if you haven't picked up one of her books yet!

Content: sweet and swoony kisses and nothing further. There is a character that has an abusive home life. Mostly described as mentally abusive but there is a moment with a fight in the abusive relationship. Nothing graphic but definitely enough to understand the situation.

I snagged a free copy from Amazon.

Happy Reading!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Christmas Makeover.

December 5, 2016 – Shelved