Christy's Reviews > Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince

Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince by J.K. Rowling

bookshelves: 2016-audios, 2016-ya-challenge

photo stencil.facebook-post_zpsvss39bzb.jpg

Harry Potter and the Half Blood Prince.

There were some things I truly loved about this one. I loved how the bulk of the book, nothing crazy happened. It felt like some of the older books and I love that feeling. All the Harry and Dumbledore time we got, the memories of Voldemort’s past (which were very interesting) and of course Harry and Ginny, who I’ve shipped for a while now finally got their shot.

That’s the good. There is also a lot of sadness and despair. A very important and influential character dies. Sides are chosen. People you trust turn out to be not who they say they are (or so we think…) The last 2 hours of this 18 hour audio book broke my heart. I almost want to wait a while to do the final book, but I really want to finish these books by the end of 2016 so I better start it straight away. Wish me luck! I know I’ll need it xoxo

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Harry Potter and the Half-Blood Prince.

December 4, 2016 – Started Reading
December 4, 2016 – Shelved
December 4, 2016 – Shelved as: 2016-audios
December 4, 2016 – Shelved as: 2016-ya-challenge
December 18, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-16 of 16 (16 new)

Patty ~ Wrapped Up In Reading Book Blog Enjoy Sweetie!! :)
xoxo

Megan✦❋Steamy Reads Blog❋✦ Glad you loved it babe. I really need to read this series, I've seen all the movies though. Good luck with the final book. Hope you love it :) xx

Nyssa Megan, I'm sure you've heard it many times before, but I have to say that as wonderful as the movies are (and they are really good), the books are so much better. The movies are forced to leave quite a bit out, even Deathly Hollow with its two parts. The books are truly magical. I found it really interesting how much the story grew with the characters.

Christy Thanks, Megan! The books are so much better than the movies ❤️❤️❤️

message 5: by Jen (new) - rated it 5 stars

Jen Go for the next book, don't wait. Enjoy sweets! ❤

SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ Excellent review Christy! = ))

message 7: by Liz (new)

Liz Great review!!!! I still haven't read this series even though I love the movies!!! :D

Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤  Amazing review sweetie xx

Christy Nyssa wrote: "Megan, I'm sure you've heard it many times before, but I have to say that as wonderful as the movies are (and they are really good), the books are so much better. The movies are forced to leave qui..."

Agreed! I'm so excited to finish book 7 and binge watch all 8 of the movies with my hubby over Christmas break <3

Christy Jen wrote: "Go for the next book, don't wait. Enjoy sweets! ❤"

Will do, thanks love! xoxo

Christy SueBee★bring me an alpha!★ wrote: "Excellent review Christy! = ))"

Thanks, my lovely friend!! xoxo

Christy Elizabeth wrote: "Great review!!!! I still haven't read this series even though I love the movies!!! :D"

Thanks, sweetie! Must read xoxo

Christy Pavlina Read more sleep less blog❤❤ wrote: "Amazing review sweetie xx"

Thanks, doll! xoxo

✦❋Arianna✦❋ Terrific review, lovely! xo

Christy Arianna✦❋SteamyReadsBlog❋✦ wrote: "Terrific review, lovely! xo"

Thanks, honey! <3

message 16: by kindle king (new)

kindle king k