Shwetha 's Reviews > Alias

Alias by Tracy Alexander

bookshelves: contemporary, youngadult, thriller, crime

I recollect picking this book out of the library shelf last week thinking it was the first book, and an 'okay' read.... Silly me, yeah? Regardless of this being a sequel to 'Hacked', it was a brilliantly exquisite read which could easily pass as a stand-alone! I enjoyed Alias in and out, through and through. Alexander incorporated thriller, action, romance, intellect and all the right ingredients to produce something as profound and developed as Alias is, in this read. Firstly, I loved it. Secondly, you need to get your hands on this bad boy!

Alright, so let's hit the ground running... Alias' plot is very intricate and detailed. Alexander surely has put a lot of thought and effort into formulating an action-packed, stimualting journey. I'll give you a brief overview of the plot, because why not? In the novel, Samiya (a pleasant, beautiful and intelligent lass) finds herself entangled in a world of code as she ventures through the dark web, finding a catalyst who kickstarts her urge to avenge the murder of those she loves, back in Yemen.

Holy, that was a long sentence.

Samiya undergoes a lot of trouble and complications to chase after her ambition, and Alexander thoroughly grabs you by the heart and pulls you into his narrative. Trust me, you want this. The flow of the plot is beautiful as well, everything woven neatly into place as you unveil them. The only thing I have to say as a critique is Alias' unrealistic nature. Samiya's 16 (I think) when she creates all these crazy drone-strike plans, and she's merely 18 when she goes proper badass activist. That's slightly overwhelming.

On another note; I adored watching Samiya and her ideas grow and mature. Her relationships with characters takes unexpected (not that anything about her is expected :D) twists, you'll know what I'm on about if you've read it. But if you haven't, just brace yourselves for a whole load of surprises and the bombarding of... Insanity (in the best way possible duh)! Alias makes me want to become a badass, genius chick who can conquer the world if she sets her mind to it. The novel gives you a kick in the arse and just makes your day more exciting.

Now I'm fuelled to read 'Hacked', I know it'll be just as great, if not better! And as for you, don't leave this book untouched!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Alias.

December 4, 2016 – Shelved