Cid's Reviews > Birth of a New J: A Cathartic Memoir

Birth of a New J by Julie Guardado

F 50x66

Wow. I will never forget this amazing honest memoir.

This book really got to me. I feel like I Know Julie Guardado; and of course I do, as will anybody who takes the time to read her story. It's not that Julie's life is that different or unusual--it's that it is NOT that different from the life of millions of America woman living their lives and making choices, good and bad. What is so refreshing and unusual about this book is Julie's complete and unflinching candor about those choices. Everyone makes choices. Everyone makes unproductive bad choices sometimes. Julie is an amazing woman with the gift if insight and when most people would try to forget unpleasant things, Julie rips the scabs off and takes a long hard look at how she let toxic people into her life. Julie, you are an amazing spirit. I will never forget you or your courage in writing your story and being unashamed of who you are. You deserve everything you ever wanted and to be at peace with what you deserve, but have been denied. You deserve a five star rating and to be a best selling author. Thank you for sharing the painful parts of your life. So many things happen in a lifetime that are so personal and painful, that most people avoid thinking about them. Julie examines them and shares them, in a heart filled, poignant truthful soul searching journey. You can't help but admire and love her, because of her flaws, not in spite of them.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Birth of a New J.

Finished Reading