Cindy M Jones 's Reviews > Fear Fighting: Awakening Courage to Overcome Your Fears

Fear Fighting by Kelly Balarie

Jan 16, 2017

You gotta know that a book on fear works when you’re finishing up the last few pages in your hallway reading by flashlight waiting out a tornado. Which is what happened to me. Nothing more fitting than a book that encourages you to overcome fear while you’re staring it in the face.

As three tornados touched down in my area that very night, I had the calm assurance that my God would take care of me and my family. When I landed on page 229, the words jumped from the page into my spirit.

“You are always at work. I can trust You. You are doing something. Help me reach out to grab Your hand that is always extended to me, even when I am cowering, shivering, and perspiring in fear. Amen.”

This wasn’t the first tornado I’ve faced nor is it the first tornado of fear I’ve tried to push away. I’ve purchased many books on the subject hoping, praying to be set free from it’s icy grip. Fear has always been there sneaking in the shadows of my mind waiting to my most vulnerable moments to press down on me.

I’ve tried human efforts only to fail multiple times. This book is different. It takes the focus off of your efforts and places them solely on the effort and works of God’s Spirit. This book has opened my eyes and confirmed the supernatural things that I had hoped to be true.

We as Christians have a real force working on our behalf. The battle isn’t determined by our efforts but by our beliefs in that force. Working through the questions at the back of the book were most helpful in realizing the many areas that I’ve put my trust into my own efforts which is futile.

If you’ve found yourself facing your own tornados feeling like your self efforts were at best hopeless, this book is for you. Learn how to replace fear with truth. It’s the only method that really works.

This book will teach you how to allow God’s Spirit to enable you to have the power to defeat your old enemy, fear.

Disclaimer: I did receive a free copy of this book from the publisher. I was not required to post a positive review. All opinions herein are my own.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Fear Fighting.

December 3, 2016 – Shelved