Elizabeth's Reviews > Ransom My Heart

F 50x66
Jul 07, 2011

bookshelves: historical-romance
Read in July, 2011

Another book in the summer of romance novels - this one will set a high bar for the others to attain, however. Reading through it brought me back to the basic principle that a good book does not need to be high literature if it it makes you want to stay up for hours to finish reading this one. And I certainly did with this book - much more so than almost any of the others I've plowed through recently.

High spirited heroine who is just beginning to recognize the effect that men have on her. A hero who is not a jerk. A story line that involves more than just describing their physical attributes and the tingly feelings that each one gets when looking at the other. A few of the factors that combine to make it a great summer read.

One thing I found curious about this boo is that it was classifed as "Young Adult" The pretense is that it was written by the Princess of Genovia Mia Thermopolis, the heroine of Meg Cabot's Princess Diaries. The main character is 17 or 18, so perhaps that qualifies it as young adult - but some of the sex scenes. Not sure mothers who let their daughters read some of the other Meg Cabot books want them reading those scenes. I did not mind them, but just hope my nieces don't pick up this book anytime soon. Of course I remember receiving the book forever as a gift when I was in 8th Grade and my mother immediately took it away from me. She did not hide it well, so I snuck in her room and read it whenever she left the house! This book is probably at about the same level as that one. Maybe I'm just getting old.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ransom My Heart.

07/30/2016 marked as: read