Norma's Reviews > The Acheron Deception

The Acheron Deception by Patrick F. Rooney

Well that was an impressive and mind-boggling read!

THE ARCHERON DECEPTION by PATRICK F. ROONEY was a complex and intriguing read that grabbed my attention from the very first chapter and was also extremely hard to put down.

THE COVER didn't come into play on this one as this book was chosen to be read solely on the author gifting this book to me in exchange for an honest review. To be honest I probably would have never considered reading this book as I do not find the cover to be all that appealing. Although this is a suspenseful thriller novel it is not one that I would have chosen to read on my own as I normally do not read terrorism and espionage novels. With that being said I am so happy that I was given a chance to read this as it was an extremely good and enlightening read.

THE ARCHERON DECEPTION is a fitting title for this novel.

THE ARCHERON DECEPTION has us following along Sean McGowan’s life as a Wall Street software developer and the Volkov brothers who are involved in a powerful organized crime syndicate that want to use Sean’s companies trading platform for their own agenda of electronic espionage and war.

I liked a few CHARACTERS in this novel but the ones who stood out the most for me were Sean, Beate and Angela. I loved the action and interaction of these well developed characters throughout the novel. They were interesting, intelligent, and likeable. I really liked the author's writing style, narrative, and how the storyline was delivered as I was entertained and interested to the very end. Although, I found it to have a solid plot it was somewhat challenging for me to follow along with the storyline and how some of the secondary characters were involved as the financial jargon was slightly beyond my grasp.

The ENDING was surprising, intense, satisfying and very pleasing for another enjoyable read.

To sum it all up it was an action packed, suspenseful, well-paced, challenging read with a satisfying ending. I would definitely read more novels by this author. Would recommend!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Acheron Deception.

December 2, 2016 – Shelved
page 142
January 12, 2017 –
page 276
January 13, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-34 of 34 (34 new)

message 1: by Julie (new)

Julie Wonderful review! Sounds interesting!

message 2: by Deanna (last edited Jan 13, 2017 01:13PM) (new)

Deanna sounds good!! great review!

Norma Thank you so much, Julie! It was actually quite interesting and I did enjoy.

Norma Yeah, it was pretty good Deanna! Something that I normally wouldn't read but glad I did! :-)

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Good review, Norma. Sounds like a good one.

Olivia "So many books--so little time."" Great review. Makes me want to read the book.

message 7: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Another great review Norma.

Norma Thank you so much, Brenda! I will bring it with me when I come to visit as I think you should read!

Norma Good to hear Olivia and thank you so much!

Norma Thank you so much Maureen for your kind comment! :-)

Norma Thank you so much, Stephanie! Yup, it was pretty enjoyable! :-)

message 12: by Frances (new) - added it

Frances Great review! This one sounds sooo good Norma! I'll have to add and I just bought 3 paperbacks today!!

Norma Thank you so much Bibi, Jurgita, Kaceey, Linsey, Mischenko & Igrowastreesgrow!

Norma Wonderful Frances! I sure hope that you enjoy it and thank you very much for your so very kind comment! :-)
Too bad we couldn't read as fast as we add!!! lol

message 15: by Frances (new) - added it

Frances Norma wrote: "Wonderful Frances! I sure hope that you enjoy it and thank you very much for your so very kind comment! :-)
Too bad we couldn't read as fast as we add!!! lol"

haha good one Norma!! I've been adding more the past couple of days than I do in a couple of months!!!

message 16: by Arah-Lynda (new)

Arah-Lynda Great review Norma.

Norma Arah-Lynda wrote: "Great review Norma."

Thank you so much, Arah-Lynda!

Norma Thank you so much; Meredith, Rebecca, Diane S., Patrick, Diana, Rebbie, Tooter, Ameera & Zoeytron!

Lindsay - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Great review Norma!

Norma Lindsay wrote: "Great review Norma!"

Thank you, Lindsay! :)

message 21: by Lisa (new)

Lisa nice Review not my cup of tea unfortunately well done :)

Norma Thank you, Lisa! That is okay Lisa there are some books that are not my cup of tea too!

Norma Thank you Carol & Jen!

Norma Thank you Kira, Brenda & PorshaJo!

Norma Thank you Alex, Carol & Amalia!

Norma Thank you Selene, Mischenko & Nikita!

Norma Thank you Linda, le-fino, & Fran!

Norma Thank you Sue, Alta & Amanda!

Norma Thank you, Nancy!

message 30: by Mary Beth (new)

Mary Beth Fantastic review Norma! Isn't it fun reading a book that is a big surprise?

Norma Yes, it is a lot of fun Mary and thank you so much! This one was definitely a surprise.

Norma Thank you Melanie!