Laura the Highland Hussy's Reviews > Give Me a Texas Outlaw

Give Me a Texas Outlaw by Jodi Thomas

2043222

liked it

This was my first cowboy book, and I thought it might be fun to start with an anthology so I got several different tastes of my first cowboys (not like that you naughty readers!) One thing that I didn't realize is that this book is very sweet. Now that's not necessarily a bad thing, but with that sexy cover I didn't expect sweet.

3.5 flames- Starting with the first story The Outlaw, we have a young lady who tells some stories so big she needs the first available man to bail her out. She plans a wedding for herself with no groom. Uh oh. What's a gal to do? Why use the first outlaw who passes through as her fake husband. But there's more to the story-her uncle is trying to steal her ranch out from under her! Sneaky guy. But her new husband is more than she bargained for, and not only does he help save her reputation, he helps to save her land, and her heart.

4 flames- The second story Trouble in Petticoats, was pretty cute too. But the back of the book is wrong, it states that Larissa is kidnapped, but it's her 10 year old sister. Her father hires a gunfighter to bring her back, but Larissa knows her father doesn't care about her sister, he only cares about his image and how it looks that someone took his daughter. So, Larissa follows along to help. This was really a cute story, and watching the two of them bring back her sister, then tell off her father was fantastic.

1.5 flames- The third story, Texas Flame started out pretty well, but it fizzled quickly. The story wound around in circles, and I got irritated enough to want to quit. But I persevered and finished it, and still only want to rate it 1.5 flames.

4 flames- The last story Most Wanted, was my favorite. It was funny, and sweet, and action-packed. Odessa was an accidental outlaw who needed a hired gun to help get her home. Shadow Rivers is looking for redemption and a place to hang his hat. The ending cracked me up, and the author's writing and skill absolutely worked for me and the story.

Final Thoughts, the stories were sweet, there was very little in the steam factor, but it was an easy and light romance.

*thank you to Kensington for supplying the ARC

** http://www.demonloversbooksandmore.co...

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Give Me a Texas Outlaw.

July 7, 2011 – Started Reading
July 7, 2011 – Shelved
page 5
1.28% "yehaw! look guys, my first cowboy book"
page 22
5.63% "an outlaw hero and the 3 stooges for uncles? oh this is too fun!"
page 90
23.02% ""The Outlaw" was a sweet little romance"
July 8, 2011 –
page 179
45.78% "Second story down. Good story- both so far are very sweet romances"
July 12, 2011 –
page 288
73.66% "kinda boring, but a sweet story nonetheless"
July 13, 2011 –
page 288
73.66% "maybe this wasn't the best intro to cowboys for me-too sweet and kind of boring"
July 15, 2011 –
page 352
90.03% "that last story was cute!"
July 15, 2011 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) I like the sound of this book Laurie! It sounds really good. Are you planning on getting anymore cowboy books?

Laura the Highland Hussy I have the Rough Riders and I think that if I could find something in between the hard core RR and this overly sweet anthology, I would be happier.

Any recs for cowboy romances? OR paranormal cowboy romances?

Greta is Erikasbuddy Nice review!! I've been thinking about brancing out and inspecting me some spurs too.

Snapples! Do you think there is such a thing as a paranormal cowboy romance? That would be interesting.

Laura the Highland Hussy I don't know, but with Cowboys vs Aliens coming out this month, I wouldn't be surprised if we saw some of those PNR cowboys

Greta is Erikasbuddy Fo reals! That's exactly what I was thinking.

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) I can't wait for that film to come out! It has two AMAZING Things in it, Daniel Craig and Cowboys!

Oh try these:

Rein Me In (Bottoms Up, #2) by Alyssa Brooks Restrain Me (Bottoms Up, #1) by Alyssa Brooks

These are some VERY kinky cowboys!

Laura the Highland Hussy is it more like erotica or romance?

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) Hmmm, it is a little of both, more like romantic erotica, they are heavy on the BDSM as well.

message 9: by Laura the Highland Hussy (last edited Jul 19, 2011 07:16PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Laura the Highland Hussy interesting...I am intrigued...

Cowboy BDSM makes me think of being tied up with his lasso

Suzanne (Under the Covers Book blog) LOL you aren't far wrong! lol You definitely need to read it

Sarina Nice review. :) Thanks for helping me decide to read the book.

Laura the Highland Hussy Sarina wrote: "Nice review. :) Thanks for helping me decide to read the book."

oh sure! Glad it helped:)