Ginny's Reviews > Every Other Day

Every Other Day by Jennifer Lynn Barnes

Jul 07, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, arc, nook
Read from October 27 to 28, 2011

Kali spends one day as a human girl, and one day as a not human girl. Sounds complicated already right? Add in the fact that she is some sort of predator-hunting all the things that go bump in the night. She might even have a hero complex. Which would explain why she tries to save a friend from a chupacabra. Yes, a chupacabra. From that point on, things go awry and out of control. Then there is Zev. Who or what is he and why does he speak to Kali?

Okay. I loved this book. As always Jennifer Lynn Barnes has a fabulous writing style that draws me in and hooks me and doesn't let go. Ever. I went into this book with no expectations, I was wanting a different sort of story and boy did I get it! I haven't had a book pull emotions from deep inside me in quite a while-Every Other Day did exactly that. I also want to comment on Kali's name. I love this name first. And second-love the connection between the character and the Hindu depiction of the Goddess of Destruction. Wonderful naming there!

Barnes pulls no punches in this novel, but she does leave her audience wanting more.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Every Other Day.

10/27/2011 page 73
22.0% "<3 JLB's writing."