Laura Reading's Reviews > Big Bona Ogles, Boy!

Big Bona Ogles, Boy! by Michael   Gallagher

Dec 01, 2016

Another fascinating and enticing 5 star read from Michael Gallagher featuring Octavius Guy.
When I read a book by Michael Gallagher I am transported back in time to a Dickensian era.
The language is perfect for an intriguing murder mystery.
Octavius may not be smarter than the average fifteen year old but he most definitely is more observant and gives far more thought to what he observes. Being a chief investigator, he feels it is time he takes on an apprentice. George shows promise. At times, more promise than Gooseberry appreciates.

This tale will appeal to any Sherlock Holmes fans or Houdini fans. The main event centers around a Spiritualist and two people who may or may not want her to speak to the dead. Someone does not want to take a chance that a voice from beyond will ruin their living future.

Favorite supporting characters from previous books make their presence known as well.
We get to spend time at the improved Bucket of Blood with Bertha and her boys.
This book does well as a stand alone but I know you will enjoy every book in this series.

Bonuses at the end are amazing!
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Big Bona Ogles, Boy!.