Meags's Reviews > Stranded

Stranded by HelenKay Dimon

3.5 Stars

Stranded is another classic Dimon romantic-suspense, hitting the ground running and not letting up until all is said and done.

I have a good track record with Dimon’s M/M books to date and this (kind of) Christmas themed novella hit all the regular spots.

One of my favourite things about reading a story by Dimon is that she excels at writing dark and broody alpha males. What’s even better is that she usually writes two of them at once and has them come together in a powerfully explosive way, meshing action, sex and love so perfectly.

Another aspect I love about Dimon’s writing is that she often just throws you straight into the midst of the action and demands you keep up. I love this because it negates any slow set-up period in the storytelling and it keeps you on your toes as you try to put the intricate pieces of the plot together, all while awesome shit is going down all around you.

Ultimately, I enjoyed this one and I liked the MCs, although I could have done with more romance here, but I'm greedy like that.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Stranded.

November 30, 2016 – Shelved
December 9, 2017 – Shelved as: crime-mystery-suspense
December 9, 2017 – Shelved as: panties-just-went-poof
December 9, 2017 – Shelved as: romance
December 10, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-4 of 4 (4 new)

Anne Boleyn's Ghost I had no idea that this was a holiday book! Although now that I see the cover it's fairly obvious SOMETHING winter-y is going on, haha.

Adding it to the TBR pile! I've read all of her m/m stories except this and Dirty Deeds (which I'm planning to read soon).

message 2: by Meags (last edited Dec 11, 2017 08:08PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Meags I wouldn't especially call it a holiday story but because of the winter-y feel you mention I just lobbed it in as such. LOL

I haven't read Dirty Deeds yet either!! I had it pre-ordered and everything. Bummer!

* A Reader Obsessed * Two's always better than one! Why isn't this a series?

Meags Good question! I could have done with more, as usual!