Elena's Reviews > Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Became Parents

Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Became Parents by Gary Chapman

The chapters are broken up to share the twelve things Chapman and Warden wish they knew before they each became parents. Chapman and his wife are an older couple at this point and Warden and her husband are a younger couple, so the two perspectives gave this book gave these two perspectives. Some of the things they mentioned felt like "well, duh!" at first, but once I got into that chapter, I was amazed at the wisdom they each shared. A few examples of things they wish they knew: that children's emotional health is as important as physical health, that sometimes parents need to apologize, that social skills are as important as academic skills, and that children need bounderies. Each chapter ends with a Talking It Over discussion section for parents to apply and practice what they read. I think this is a great tool for prospective parents as well as parents at any stage of life since we will never know it all and could use a little help along the way, especially when it comes to rearing a little human being. Loved it and will definitely read it again when the time comes for us to enter parenthood.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Things I Wish I'd Known Before We Became Parents.

November 30, 2016 – Started Reading