Selene's Reviews > Nocte

Nocte by Courtney Cole

44720465
Setting: Astoria, Oregon
Steamy times? (view spoiler)
Triggers? None

photo IMG_3898_zpskp754etu.gif

This book has a VERY slow build-up, but the blend of mystery and suspense was almost perfection! The storyline dragged a bit (around 69%) with Calla Price's thoughts becoming slightly repetitive and the story still inching towards a makeshift conclusion, but the author's careful use of keywords made this book a great read! I figured out early on what the ending would amount to and that predictability sort of marred the storyline for me and skewed my ability to enjoy this book as much, but the ominous ending created a nice doorway to book two!

Having read the spoilers for book two and three, it's highly unlikely that I will continue reading this series, but this won't be my last time reading this author's work! En-joyed!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nocte.

November 30, 2016 – Shelved
December 1, 2016 – Started Reading
December 2, 2016 –
11.0% "Like always, I ignore them…the voices in my head that whisper and hiss.  They’re always there in the background, inside my ear. There are several of them, mostly women’s voices, but there are a couple men’s voices, too.  Those are the ones that are harder to ignore...\n\n description"
December 2, 2016 –
48.0% "I really hope I'm wrong about the direction this book is going in...\n\n  photo IMG_3895_zpsz1t9oood.gif "
December 3, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-30 of 30 (30 new)

message 1: by Jen (new) - added it

Jen How exciting that you are starting to read this one. I have had it sitting on my Kindle for ages, and I keep forgetting about it. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it...Happy Reading!♥

Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥ I can't wait to see what you think! I have been wanting to read this for a long time! :)

Selene Jen wrote: "How exciting that you are starting to read this one. I have had it sitting on my Kindle for ages, and I keep forgetting about it. I can't wait to hear your thoughts on it...Happy Reading!♥"

Hey, Jen! It's been sitting on my device for a while, too ;)) The author is new for me, so that's why I kept delaying this one, Lol!

Selene Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥ wrote: "I can't wait to see what you think! I have been wanting to read this for a long time! :)"

The reviews for this book have been awesome! I hope it exceeds my expectations ;))

message 5: by Karla (new)

Karla Happy reading, Selene!

Selene Karla wrote: "Happy reading, Selene!"

Thanks, Karla! So excited about this one ;))

message 7: by Karla (new)

Karla Terrific review, Selene! Glad you enjoyed it! :)

message 8: by Karen (new)

Karen Great review Selene :)xx

message 9: by Danielle (new) - added it

Danielle Fab review, Selene! =)

message 10: by Forever_meme (new)

Forever_meme Great honest review! I was on the fence with this one but I may continue to hold off.

Selene Karla wrote: "Terrific review, Selene! Glad you enjoyed it! :)"

Thanks, Karla ;))

Selene Danielle wrote: "Fab review, Selene! =)"

Thanks, Danielle ;))

Selene Forever_meme wrote: "Great honest review! I was on the fence with this one but I may continue to hold off."

Thanks, Memes! I didn't like the direction the rest of the series went in, even though I like this author's writing style. Had I known about those spoilers ahead of time, I probably wouldn't have read this book. Hopefully, you'll feel differently ;))

Fathima Awesome review girlie ;D

Selene Fathima wrote: "Awesome review girlie ;D"

Thanks, Fathima ;))

Selene Karen wrote: "Great review Selene :)xx"

Thanks, Karen ;))

⊱✿⊰ Alicia ⊱✿⊰ Terrific review Selene :) x

message 18: by JESSICA (new) - added it

JESSICA Awesome Review, Selene! I totally forgot I have this on my kindle... =)

Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥ Awesome honest review, Selene! :)

Selene JESSICA wrote: "Awesome Review, Selene! I totally forgot I have this on my kindle... =)"

Thanks, JESSICA! Glad I'm not the only one whose had this book sitting around ;))

Selene Jessica-❥Chatterbooks Book Blog❥ wrote: "Awesome honest review, Selene! :)"

Alicia wrote: "Terrific review Selene :) x"

;)) Thanks, lovely ladies!

Nikki ღ Navareus Wonderful review, Hon!! :) xx

Selene Nikki ღ Navareus wrote: "Wonderful review, Hon!! :) xx"

Thanks, Nikki ;))

Tink Magoo is bad at reviews You need a 'disappointing penetration' shelf like me.

message 25: by Selene (last edited Dec 05, 2016 12:03PM) (new) - rated it 4 stars

Selene Tink Magoo is bad at reviews wrote: "You need a 'disappointing penetration' shelf like me."

Lmbo!!! I think you're right ;)) I'll have to add it!

message 26: by Snow (new)

Snow great review! ;)

Selene Snow wrote: "great review! ;)"

Thanks, Snow ;))

Selene Alicia wrote: "Terrific review Selene :) x"

Thanks, Alicia! Enjoy this one ;))

message 29: by Juanita (new) - added it

Juanita Wonderful review Selene! I've been sitting on this one for a while and it might just keep sitting ;D

Selene Juanita wrote: "Wonderful review Selene! I've been sitting on this one for a while and it might just keep sitting ;D"

Thanks, Juanita! Maybe you might like this one more than I did? The reviews were great, but I found the storyline predictable.