Lana ❇✾Dirty Girl Romance❇✾'s Reviews > Dirty Money

Dirty Money by Jessica Clare

3.75 Stars
She needs pretty words? I’ll give her pretty words. She needs flowers and jewelry? I’ll give her those, too. She needs my face between her legs? I’ll fucking tongue her for hours on end and love every moment of it.

Sometimes I read the word "roughneck" in a blurb and my ovaries go all MINE. And there comes a time in a girl's life where she has to appease her ovaries, right? Even if smutty, insta-love romance isn't normally her thing, she'll make an exception for a bearded and dirty talking rough neck. Why? Um, did I not explain that part already?
Some kisses are gentle and hesitant, almost as if they’re asking permission. That’s not how Boone Price kisses, though. His kiss is deliciously savage, his tongue plundering my mouth. It’s like he wants to claim me with every flick of his tongue against mine, every caress of his lips.

Dirty Money was a total guilty pleasure read for me. It was totally over the top and yet it still hit the spot just right. Think Beverly Hillbillies but with hot guys and sex.

Boone was a complete caveman. He was an unapologetic, possessive, domineering, dirty talking caveman and I loved every filthy word that came out of the man's mouth. This was not a man born into money, yet came about it by hard work and a bit of dumb luck. He doesn't put on an act for anyone. He still lives in his trailer with his brothers all next to him, he dresses like a roughneck and talks like one too. He doesn't need the fancy clothes and the manners to make him a man. But tired of the disrespect from all the suits he has to deal with in his business now, he decides that what he needs to spruce up his image is a classy woman and he spots the one he wants on a real estate ad.

Ivy is struggling to make ends meet for herself and her sister. Working as a real estate agent for men that are as misogynistic as they are condescending isn't exactly her dream job, but she's determined to make it. She's gone through great lengths to escape her trailer part beginnings and she's hell bent on not going back. When Boone Price walks through the doors of the real estate company she works for and demands she find him a house and takes every opportunity he has to hit on her, she's flabbergasted. The last thing she expected when she looked at him was a filthy rich billionaire that thinks she can clean up his image. Too bad she's hiding behind a carefully crafted veneer that seems to shake on its foundation every time the man looks at her.
I want this more than I’ve wanted anything, ever. He’s consuming my senses, until there’s nothing but heat and sweat between us, bodies pressed together.

I'll admit, there wasn't much depth to this book. Don't go reading it expecting some deep meaning or carefully constructed and complex plot. But if you're looking for a super fun, sexy read, a la Alexa Riley, this one just may do it for you.

Will I read the next books in the series? Absolutely. It's one of those fun, shut your brain off and enjoy sort of books that a girl needs every now and then. I read it, I enjoyed it, and I'm not sorry! Domineering alphas aren't always my thing, unless they're Boone Price.
I’m a red-blooded man and I’ve wanted women in the past, but there’s something about Ivy Smithfield that makes me think I never knew lust until I set eyes on her. She’s changed the entire game for me.

ARC courtesy of publisher in exchange for an honest review

Find me on:
Follow me on facebook Follow Me on Twitter blog

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dirty Money.

November 30, 2016 – Shelved
November 30, 2016 – Shelved as: arc-to-review
February 1, 2017 – Started Reading
February 5, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

message 1: by Liz (last edited Feb 03, 2017 10:43AM) (new)

Liz I hope you enjoyed it! Looking forward to your review! :)

Christie«SHBBblogger» Fab review, Lana! Hey, sometimes we just need our guilty pleasure reads for pure smutty entertainment. lol Glad it was enjoyable. ;D x

message 3: by Pam (new)

Pam another Great review, Lana :)