Angela DeMarco's Reviews > Back To Good

Back To Good by Laura McCarthy Benson

Back to Good by Laura Benson is her debut novel, what a fantastic book it was. It's a rock star romance, with some angst among past lovers who reunite after not seeing each other in years. I'm definitely glad I read this one, I'm looking forward to reading more in the future from this author.
Fair warning this a love triangle, I know people tend to shy away from them but don't for this one I think you will be pleasantly surprised.

Charlie is a likable character she's young, recently graduated with a degree in public relations, and working for her father's company. She finally get's a big break in her career and is assigned her very first client, none other than the famous bad boy rock star Joey Carino, who also just happens to be her high school sweetheart. What's a girl to do pass it up or take it on and show everyone that she can handle it. Charlie doesn't back down she's going to prove to herself and everyone else she can do this job and handle seeing Joey.

Not only does Charlie have to deal with Joey, she has to team up with Matthew, Joey's best friend/manger and her nemesis. But once she begins working closely with Matthew she starts to see him in a different light. She's attracted to him, likes being around him, her head tells her to run far away from him, her body has a mind of it's own. Poor Charlie is a wreck. In the background we have Joey, both Matthew and Charlie don't want to hurt him. Life isn't fair and someone is going to end up hurt. Who will Charlie end up with, Matthew or Joey? I was torn with my decision I went back and forth. In the end I was happy with whom she ended up with. I will say there is something that happens and had me saying WTF, no way.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Back To Good.

November 30, 2016 – Started Reading