Rebecca Austin's Reviews > Journey to Dawn: Step One, Breathe

Journey to Dawn by Reily Garrett

19340210

liked it
bookshelves: review-magic

Abrielle is a case manager at a crisis center where she talks with mainly women about the events they have gone through. As a victim herself she finds giving them advice that she knows she needs to be taking as well in attempts to get her life back.

When she receives two visitors from her past they tell her that they are there to help her through everything. Even with everything will it be enough for Abrielle to be able to move on?

I liked this story but for me I found parts that I struggled with. I liked the fact that she had her visitors from the past come to help her but I also wondered why it took them so long when she really needed help before. I also wasn't sure what their exact relationship was prior to Abrielle being attacked.

I did think what Abrielle went through on her own was extremely realistic in regards to after the attack and how she struggled to go on, especially being on her own. I felt so bad for her struggles and nobody should ever have to go through that.

I liked the visitors and how they were so patient with her and wanted to show her how loved and missed she was but I was still mad that they left her alone for 2 years when she could have used some more help and support.

I think the book is a reminder that we need people to help us and be beside us during the tough times!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Journey to Dawn.

November 30, 2016 – Started Reading