Allison's Reviews > Grave Surprise

Grave Surprise by Charlaine Harris

2620859
Jul 07, 2011

Read from July 09 to 10, 2011

I'm starting to appreciate the character of Harper Connelly more - weaknesses, neediness and her gift...it's a complete package that I'm learning to love.

I know I sound like a broken record when I talk about Charlaine Harris' writing style - but let me state again how simple her books are...my favourite quality in a summer read. And since I read mostly in the summer, I enjoy books that are different from the material I'm forced to read for work.

I like how this 2nd book in the series picked up right after the first, something that not all series writers can pull off...some feel they need to explain the time it took for the next book to be written/published and I hate that. I like to think the series characters are on pause, waiting for me to join their next adventure a few days or weeks after the previous ended.

It's nice to see more depth put into the characters outside of their profession...more details to fill in the blanks about what makes Harper the way she is, and she same for her step-brother.

On to book 3!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Grave Surprise.