Jennifer's Reviews > The Vanishing Year

The Vanishing Year by Kate Moretti

The Vanishing Year is a standalone, mystery/psychological thriller novel written by Kate Moretti. I found this story to be a consistently engaging read for me personally, with a plot twist that I did not see coming AT ALL. I ended the book totally flabbergasted.

The more I thought about the the turn of events, the more I thought that many elements featured beforehand didn't quite make sense given the nature of this revelation, but I decided to not be nitpicky and just enjoy the speechless feeling that I love about these types of reading experiences. Check it out!

My favorite quote:
"Evelyn never believed in happily ever afters, warning against falling in love with an idea over a person. Ideas are infallible, people are not. Don't confuse the two. She was an optimist, but never naive. There's a difference, she'd say."

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Vanishing Year.

Quotes Jennifer Liked

Kate Moretti
“There is endless psychological research on evil people. But in my experience the average sociopath has no idea they are wrong. They're born this way, not made.”

Kate Moretti
“The greatest risk is not taking one.”

Kate Moretti
“Henry and I have always talked about partnership, working together to make things work. He's always said he'd never divorce. That divorced rich men are inevitably poor men. That any marriage can be fixed, that love fluctuates.”

“Illusions are dangerous.”

Kate Moretti
“You can get anything you want if you're nice to people. People like to do things for people, it's so easy to be kind.”

November 30, 2016 – Started Reading