Norma's Reviews > Dark Water

Dark Water by Robert Bryndza

bookshelves: favorite-reads-of-2016

Merry Christmas to all of my Goodreads friends! A Christmas wish to you all as I thought it was fitting to wish everyone a Happy Holiday as I finished this on Christmas Day!

Christmas scraps, graphics, animate gif images

This was a 5-star satisfying and excellent read! I thought this was even better than the other two books in this series. How does this author do that? It was an all-around great read from start to finish which was intense and thrilling!

DARK WATER has another tense, gripping and suspenseful storyline written by ROBERT BRYNDZA that grabbed my attention once again from the very first few pages of this book. I found the tangled plot much more appealing this go round and seemed to flow so much better than the first two novels in this series. I thought it was well developed and played out flawlessly, I was totally engrossed in what I was reading as the suspense and tension developed. The title of this book was brilliant and I found the cover quite appealing. All three of the DCI Erika Foster books have awesome titles and covers.

I was a little confused at the beginning of the book as I forgot that Erika left the Murder Investigation Team and I had to re-read the last chapter of NIGHT STALKER to refresh my memory. I have a really short memory! She is now based at the Bromley Police Station with the Projects Team but don't get too disappointed like I did as the recurring characters of the last two books are still in this novel.

I absolutely love DCI Erika Foster as she has mellowed ever so slightly in DARK WATER but is still that extremely likeable, interesting, entertaining, strong character and is just as cutting and determined to get results.

The reveal and details were a total surprise for me as I did not guess correctly who the suspect was and the way that it was delivered by ROBERT BRYNDZA was gripping, filled with lots of suspense and tension.

Thank you so much to Mary Beth, Stephanie, and Kris for including me in your buddy read!

It was an enjoyable, quick and easy fast-paced thriller with a satisfying ending. Would highly recommend!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dark Water.

November 30, 2016 – Shelved
December 22, 2016 – Started Reading
December 22, 2016 –
page 64
December 23, 2016 –
page 157
46.04% "Wishing everyone a very Merry Christmas and wonderful book reads and surprises over this holiday season!"
December 24, 2016 –
page 225
December 25, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-49 of 49 (49 new)

message 1: by Sandy (new)

Sandy And to you, Norma.

Norma Sandy wrote: "And to you, Norma."

Thank you so much, Sandy! I hope that you have an awesome holiday!

message 3: by Olaf (new)

Olaf Gütte Thank you Norma, you also Merry Christmas!

Norma Olaf wrote: "Thank you Norma, you also Merry Christmas!"

Thank you so much, Olaf! Hope you have a great day!

message 5: by Olaf (new)

Olaf Gütte Yes Norma, greetings from Saxony!

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Excellent review Norma. So glad you enjoyed this one. Good to hear the series just gets better. Gives you more to look forward it and I sure do. Merry Christmas.

Tonya Great review Norma. I've got this one on my TBR list I will eventually get to it my list is growing way to I'll never be able to read all of them..lol

Tonya Merry Christmas to you and Happy New Year also

Norma Brenda wrote: "Excellent review Norma. So glad you enjoyed this one. Good to hear the series just gets better. Gives you more to look forward it and I sure do. Merry Christmas."

Thank you so much, Brenda! That is does, it gets so much better with every installment of our so favorite DCI Erika Foster! Merry Christmas to you too! Have fun with that new iPad! :)

Norma Tonya wrote: "Great review Norma. I've got this one on my TBR list I will eventually get to it my list is growing way to I'll never be able to read all of them..lol"

Thank you so much, Tonya! I know the feeling! lol Eventually we will get to most of our must read books. Hope you get a chance to read this one soon as it was really good! I hope that you have a great day and Happy New Year to you as well!

Norma Thank you Nikita, Ameera, Linda, kaceey & Selene!

message 12: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Great review, Norma! I really need to get caught up on this series! :)

Norma Melissa wrote: "Great review, Norma! I really need to get caught up on this series! :)"

Thank you, Melissa! I don't normally read a series so close together but I am so glad that I did. Makes it so much easier to remember the characters. Even though I still forgot some points from the previous novel! I have a few other series that I need to get caught up on. :)

Norma Thank you, Kira! :)

message 15: by Norma (last edited Dec 25, 2016 12:23PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Norma Just waiting for my family to get home as they had to work today so of course I am on Goodreads waiting ever so patiently!

Norma Thank you Diana, April, Amalia & Meredith!

Norma Thank you Jenny, Jennifer, Zoeytron, Jurgita, Avonna, Danita & Mischenko!

Norma Thank you Mandi, Cheryl & Slim!

Kris - My Novelesque Life I just finished today as well, Norma! What a great book.

Norma I agree Kris it was extremely good. Glad that you enjoyed it too!

Norma Thank you Nancy, Julie & LT!

message 22: by Sue (new) - added it

Sue Super review, Norma. I have this book to read...so maybe this week. Hope I remember the characters from the previous books. All the best to you during this holiday season and the best for 2017!

message 23: by Frances (new)

Frances Excellent 5* review Norma! Sounds really good; I might have to add this one .......

message 24: by Norma (last edited Dec 26, 2016 09:31AM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Norma Sue wrote: "Super review, Norma. I have this book to read...so maybe this week. Hope I remember the characters from the previous books. All the best to you during this holiday season and the best for 2017!"

Thank you so much, Sue! I think you should really like it, I will be looking out for your review! All the best to you as well during this holiday season and Happy New Year! Hope it is a great year. :)

Norma Stephanie wrote: "Great review, Norma! Glad you loved it! I'm lagging behind, but hope to finish today or tomorrow!!"

Thank you so much, Stephanie! I was able to read some as my family had to work over Christmas and I am an insomniac so that helps too! lol
I am excited to hear your thoughts on this one!

Norma Frances wrote: "Excellent 5* review Norma! Sounds really good; I might have to add this one ......."

Thank you so much, Frances! Gotta love those 5* books! lol
This review was so much easier to write.......hehehe
Think you should add!!! :)

Norma Thank you so much for the like Rebbie, Luffy, Nikita, Linda, Arah-Lynda, Matt & Tooter! :)

message 28: by Frances (new)

Frances Norma wrote: "Frances wrote: "Excellent 5* review Norma! Sounds really good; I might have to add this one ......."

Thank you so much, Frances! Gotta love those 5* books! lol
This review was so much easier to wr..."

I should have downloaded when available on NetGalley Norma .... BIG mistake I see!

Christine Terrific review, Norma! I agree with you that the Erika books continue to improve. I hope this series goes on for a while. I'm loving it!

message 30: by Mary Beth (new) - added it

Mary Beth Wonderful review Norma! It was a fun buddy read with you. I agree that this one is the best.

Norma Frances wrote: "Norma wrote: "Frances wrote: "Excellent 5* review Norma! Sounds really good; I might have to add this one ......."

Thank you so much, Frances! Gotta love those 5* books! lol
This review was so muc..."

Wish I could share my Kobo copy with you!

Norma Christine wrote: "Terrific review, Norma! I agree with you that the Erika books continue to improve. I hope this series goes on for a while. I'm loving it!"

Thank you so much, Christine! I hope so too! I don't think I would ever get bored with Erika Foster! lol

Norma Mary wrote: "Wonderful review Norma! It was a fun buddy read with you. I agree that this one is the best."

Thank you so much, Mary! I agree it was lots of fun and one of the best yet. Hope there is going to be more! I am going to have to get into another series now! Any suggestions? :)

Norma Thank you, Sandy! :)

message 35: by Mary Beth (new) - added it

Mary Beth Norma wrote: "Mary wrote: "Wonderful review Norma! It was a fun buddy read with you. I agree that this one is the best."

Yes, Harry Bosch series, I loved that series. I am reading his new one
The Wrong Side of Goodbye. If you havent read this series yet, you will love it. Havent met a person yet who hasnt loved it.
I loved this series and sadly we have to wait for the next one.

message 36: by Norma (last edited Dec 26, 2016 08:40PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Norma Mary wrote: "Norma wrote: "Mary wrote: "Wonderful review Norma! It was a fun buddy read with you. I agree that this one is the best."

Thank you so much, Mary! I agree it was lots of fun and one of the best yet..."

I have never read any of Michael Connelly but I do have some of his books here so I am going to see if I happen to have any from this series. Fingers crossed that I do.

I have The Black Echo!

Norma Thank you Diana & Jeff!

Maureen Excellent review Norma.

Norma Maureen wrote: "Excellent review Norma."

Thank you so much, Maureen!

Norma Thank you Cheryl, Liz, Alex, Brenda & Carol!

message 41: by Mary Beth (new) - added it

Mary Beth You will love The Black Echo! That's great because it is the first book.

Norma Mary wrote: "You will love The Black Echo! That's great because it is the first book."

I had lots of fun reading Dark Water with you as well! Oh, good! Looking forward to reading it hopefully next month sometime. lol

Norma Thank you Will, Bibi & Khadijah!

Norma Thank you KC!

Norma Thank you Rachel!

Norma Thank you Alexandra Maria!

message 47: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Great review, Norma!

Norma Deanna wrote: "Great review, Norma!"

Thank you, Deanna!

Norma Thank you PirateSteve!