Nancy's Reviews > The Force Awakens - Finn's Story

The Force Awakens - Finn's Story by Jesse J. Holland

it was ok
bookshelves: star-wars-ya-mg-canon

The story starts just before we see Finn at the village on Jakku. There are some fun personality bits from Finn's inner POV, like "Sanitation for the win", but mostly this is a fairly bland, point by point retelling of TFA from FInn's perspective. (And, more cynically, it's yet another vehicle for Brian's Rood's excellent - but by now omnipresent - TFA artwork.)

I really wanted to live in Finn's head more, go deeper into his character. On the plus side, much is made of the initial lie Finn tells Rey about being in the Resistance and how much it eats at him. That part is well done. Since we're not focused on Rey some of the best parts are missing, like her burgeoning Force powers. The book ends abruptly with Finn getting struck down by Kylo Ren.

I love that there's a book focussed on Finn, with his POC face right there on the cover, but as a book it doesn't have the heart that Rey's companion book does, and doesn't work as well as a character arc.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Force Awakens - Finn's Story.

November 29, 2016 – Started Reading