Juliet's Reviews > The Hollow

The Hollow by Jessica Verday
Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Hollow.

Quotes Juliet Liked

Jessica Verday
“At that moment - in that small, concise, perfectly clear moment of time - I knew. It was that moment I fell in love with him. It actually caused me to stop, and time froze for just a second. But that feeling was so right, and so strong, that I knew I wasn't wrong.”

Jessica Verday
“I de­ci­ded right then and the­re to ma­ke a snic­ker­do­od­le per­fu­me to we­ar, so that one day he wo­uld sniff me li­ke that.”

Jessica Verday
“He didn't want me to get hurt? Wow. Just wow. I might actually be close to a swoon here”

Jessica Verday
“I felt my cheeks turn red, and she laughed out loud. But I didn't mind too much, because the last thing she saw was my middle finger aimed in her direction as I stepped outside”

Jessica Verday
“How do you say hello to someone when you 've just found out that you
love him?”

Jessica Verday
“Anyway." I cleared my throat loudly. "Thank you again for the beautiful necklace. It's perfect, and I love it. Where did you find it? I've never seen anything like it before."

It was his turn to look embarrassed and he ducked his head. "That's because I made it." He peeked up at me, and my heart melted. Am I dreaming? This has to be a dream.

"You made it?" Something wet hit my cheek and I brushed it away, impatiently waiting for his answer.

"Yeah," he said shyly. "I did.”

Jessica Verday
“Obviously this was one of those stupid guy moments and he didn't understand what I wanted. I was going to explain it to him very, very soon.
-Abbey”

Jessica Verday
“Are you going to be all right now? No more tears? I don't know how to handle crying girls. Every time my five-year-old sister turns on the waterworks, I end up buying her a Barbie. You don't need a new Barbie, do you?”

Jessica Verday
“So that was what the blush was for? Because he was admitting he didn't wash his hands? I thought it was like some guy requirement to be dirty most of the time.”

Jessica Verday
“I tried to give him my best you're-so-sexy-and-I'm-impressed look, but I don't think it worked.”

Jessica Verday
“Do you know what the name Astrid means?" He switched gears again and I was helpless to follow.
"No."
It means 'star'. That's what I think of you as, Abbey. One day I looked up, and there you were. A fiery spot of light surrounded by darkness. You make me feel like anything is possible.”

Jessica Verday
“Bye Caspian!' I called out. He stopped, and threw me a big grin over his shoulder. I grinned back like the Cheshire cat. What was it about him that made me feel so ridiculously happy?”

07/06/2011 page 63