rameau's Reviews > Rakkautta rivien välissä

Rakkautta rivien välissä by Cathy Kelly

I honestly don't have a clue why I finished reading this one. Except that the paperback was lying on my desk for weeks and I needed something safe (as in I wasn't risking my Kindle) to read while travelling. I was expecting some kind of romance novel maybe with a bit more mature and realistic approach and that's about as much as I got.

What I didn't expect were three different novels in one about three different characters I never got the chance to like or care about. The only connecting thread was the name of the street and everything else promised in the first third of the book. The writing was perfunctory and so was the editing, apparently, because that's the only explanation I can think of for reading about someone picking up the phone and getting to the dialogue only a page later. Too often the author would go down these cul-de-sacs to explain something that had happened earlier instead of getting to the point.

The characters got their happy ending and while I can see the logic in the pats they took to get there, I never cared one bit.

Unless you're a devoted fan of the author, I'd give this one a miss.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Rakkautta rivien välissä.

July 6, 2011 – Shelved
July 7, 2011 – Started Reading
page 55
page 57
13.7% "Am I imagining things or are all these people blue or grey eyed?"
page 142