Britany's Reviews > Visitation Street

Visitation Street by Ivy Pochoda

it was ok
bookshelves: audiobook

One word sums this book up for me: MEH!

Two best friends- June & Val- sneak out to get into mischief, and find themselves on the wrong side of a pink raft out in the River. Val survives and has to live with what happened to her best friend June, who is missing. Into some additional delinquent characters- some race issues and you've got the outline for this book. The only interesting character was Gloria- who had psychic abilities, and I found her easily my favorite. You can't always judge a character by their intro, and the whole book takes a couple of unimpressive turns. Read this one to finish up a challenge, and it wasn't terrible-- but one I'm likely to forget.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Visitation Street.

November 28, 2016 – Started Reading
November 28, 2016 – Shelved
December 6, 2016 – Finished Reading
December 8, 2016 – Shelved as: audiobook

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)

♥ Sandi ❣	This is one of the 6 books I need to read this month to complete my challenges. Had I known you were reading it I would have moved it up in the stack.

Britany haha Sandi- it's one of mine too - Title starting with "V".

♥ Sandi ❣	Yep...luckily I had it on my shelf. If only I didn't have 6 more to go....sigh!!

Britany I have 4 more to go... I want to get back to the monthly selections :/ BUT we can do it!!

♥ Sandi ❣	still reading this Britany? How is it?

Britany I finished a few days back- it was alright, think I'm going to give it 2 stars, just need to write up my review.

♥ Sandi ❣	Dang! I will be starting it either tonight or tomorrow. Had hoped for a better review from you...but... need to read it anyway. This one will complete one of my challenges!

Britany it's short and I think you'll get through it quickly.

Kelli I think this was the first book I read after years of only reading aloud to my children. I wonder what I would think if I read it now.

Britany How interesting Kelli! I think timing is everything with certain books.

Thanks Stephanie. :)

Britany I think I'm in the huge minority on this one Sandi- so maybe you'll enjoy it more than I did.

♥ Sandi ❣	I will soon know - I will let you know.