Janene's Reviews > Raising Stony Mayhall

Raising Stony Mayhall by Daryl Gregory

Jul 06, 2011

bookshelves: zombies, fiction-family-issues, horror, favorites, horror-paranormal, paranormal-fiction, humor, thrillers, twisted, suspense
Read in August, 2011

Occasionally a novel comes along that totally changes the way you view things and your perceptions of what 'should be'. This book was so touching and different. It was one of those books that the further I got, the slower I read. Not because I was bored or uninterested...no. It was because I was afraid of what was coming..the unknown and didn't want to say goodbye to Stony and try to find something equally as precious. There are several great reviews here... all I'll leave you with is....read it.

Highly recommended reading for the Living Dead fan or person who's not so much of a fan.

PS: And if you read and enjoy the flavor of this book...check out 'Handling the Undead'. ;)

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Raising Stony Mayhall.

08/07/2011 page 145
08/09/2011 "This book is slow-going for me. The further I get, the slower I go. It's just that good."
show 1 hidden update…