Lenore's Reviews > The Billionaire Next Door

The Billionaire Next Door by Jessica Bird

Jul 06, 2011

bookshelves: the-warden, money-matters, 2011, reviewed-by-yours-truly, fluffy-mcflufferson

This was my first Jessica Bird story, and although I'm a hardcore J.R. Ward fan and in my opinion nothing can compare to the woman's Black Dagger Brotherhood Series, I enjoyed this just as well.

The woman knows how to write a love story and create compelling characters. Especially male ones. I really loved Sean. Felt for him, understood him. Lizzie was a tad less compelling; maybe I would have liked her better if she had kept her financial problems more to herself. Even more than she did. I have to admit she even irritated me at a couple of points. That's why I'm giving this four instead of five stars. That and because the more intimate scenes felt a little incoherent and hasty. And a little forced. I mean, knowing what the WARDen is capable of? They were simply not enough. Not that they were bad. They were alright. But they weren't the sizzling hot material we're used to when it comes to her novels.

And what do you know! As a boy, Sean used to be best friends with Butch O'Neil! My favourite part of the story.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Billionaire Next Door.