Frankie Lovely's Reviews > Their Fractured Light

Their Fractured Light by Amie Kaufman

61971658

bookshelves: cover-lust, fantasy, favorites, read-it-in-2017, read-it-in-2016, sci-fi, want-to-own
Read 2 times. Last read May 4, 2017 to May 5, 2017.

5 stars
Second read
See this review and others at A Thousand Lives of Frankie Lovely

I LOVE this book
So
Much!

Seriously Gideon and Sofia are absolutely adorable!

This is my favorite book of Kaufman and Spooner’s Starbound series and here is why...

The Story

The third and final installment of this series takes place one year after the conclusion of This Shattered World. Like with book two, this story follows a whole new cast of characters living in the same universe (hint these characters have appeared before *wink*) but this story will eventually bring us headfirst into a reunion of all the characters we love from this series.

This story follows Sofia and Gideon who will be thrown together in this epic and action packed conclusion to this amazing series. But who can they trust? Can they even trust each other?

What I liked

I want to start by gushing about how Kaufman and Spooner were able to make sciency things happen in a way that my non-sciency brain could understand. In These Broken Stars, there were a lot of questions left unanswered. A lot of things I did not understand that left a slightly bitter taste in my mouth. Don’t get me wrong. I still adored Tarver and Lilac’s story, but not nearly as much as I did the succeeding books. This story, being the conclusion of the series, was the easiest for me to understand because all my questions were answered. I did not walk away from this feeling lost or confused, and in fact, this book really made me appreciate everything that happened in the previous books a lot more.

Plus there are some pretty awesome connections between the characters that made me want to dive right back into These Broken Stars to see what I could pick up with my newly acquired knowledge!

As far as our new main characters go, Sofia and Gideon are pretty awesome. They are intricate and flawed and real. As well as smart and clever and kickass. It was really easy to fall in love with both of them as individuals. Plus I fangirled pretty hard when I remembered them from This Shattered World.

The romance was beautifully built and woven into the story without overshadowing the story as a whole. It was there but it was not the focus. All of the relationships were well written and nothing felt too rushed or dragging.

This book was emotional and action packed and how can you not fall even more in love with all the characters once they come together in this awesome conclusion to a really great series?!

In Conclusion

This is a beautifully written and wonderfully wrapped up conclusion to one of my favorite YA sci-fi series.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Their Fractured Light.

Started Reading
October 1, 2016 – Finished Reading
November 27, 2016 – Shelved
February 13, 2017 – Shelved as: cover-lust
May 4, 2017 – Started Reading
May 4, 2017 –
25.0% "Audiobook re read"
May 5, 2017 –
May 8, 2017 – Shelved as: read-it-in-2017
May 8, 2017 – Shelved as: read-it-in-2016
May 8, 2017 – Shelved as: sci-fi
May 8, 2017 – Shelved as: want-to-own

Comments Showing 1-13 of 13 (13 new)

Kät i just read the synopsis of book3 for the first time and omg im just sitting here screaming "yesssss and i cant wait" and its 2 am so... ;)

Frankie Lovely lol I LOVE this one so much! It was absolutely my favorite of the three!

message 3: by Allison (new) - added it

Allison Lilac and Tarver were / are one of the best characters ever!

Frankie Lovely I adore lilac and tarver! Even more so after this book. But Gideon and Sofia are my heart.

may ❀ I LOVED THIS BOOK

Frankie Lovely ➹мαүғℓσωεя wrote: "I LOVED THIS BOOK"

Yay!!

message 7: by Ashley (new)

Ashley I loved the first Starbound novel so much, I can't wait to read the second and third

Frankie Lovely Omg Ashley they just get better and better. Each one has different characters but it's the same world and they come together. It's great! Enjoy the read when you get to them!

message 9: by Ashley (new)

Ashley Frankie Westfall wrote: "Omg Ashley they just get better and better. Each one has different characters but it's the same world and they come together. It's great! Enjoy the read when you get to them!"

The different characters kind of threw me off so I had put it aside but I feel myself gravitating back towards the books, the world they lived in is just so intriguing. I will though!

Reynita Maharani ★ The Night Reader ★ Happy rereading! I read this book in 2016 and this trilogy was good but the third book disappointed me so much 😕😕my favorite book in this trilogy was the second book.

Frankie Lovely Reynita wrote: "Happy rereading! I read this book in 2016 and this trilogy was good but the third book disappointed me so much 😕😕my favorite book in this trilogy was the second book."

Oh man ... sorry to hear that. Glad you love the series as a whole though :)

message 12: by emi (new) - rated it 5 stars

emi I LOVE THIS BOOK MORE THAN I LOVE MYSELF

Frankie Lovely Emi Miranda wrote: "I LOVE THIS BOOK MORE THAN I LOVE MYSELF"

YAAAS GIRL!