Matthew Lloyd's Reviews > Why Not Me?

Why Not Me? by Mindy Kaling

Prior to writing this review, I took a look at my review of Mindy Kaling's previous book, Is Everyone Hanging Out Without Me? , which I ordered from the library on the same day that I ordered this one. Apparently, I didn't feel like I needed to savour this one. Also, I've watched quite a bit of the US The Office since then and it is good times (I prefer it to the UK one, don't tell anybody). This book contains fewer childhood anecdotes, but more stories about the wonderful Obamas to make you despair for the future of America. It's entertaining, and I think that is what matters.

With a glance at some of the other reviews, I think that the audiobook is really the way to go with Kaling's books - as I think is the way to go with most books by comedians. You miss out on the photo essays but it feels a little more like a stand-up show. Two qualms: Kaling pronounces 'GIF' with a soft 'G', which is awful; and thinks that she's be a Latin teacher in another life, which my devotion to Greek (and archaeology) means is disappointing. Then again, maybe I'd have liked Latin more if my teacher had been Mindy Kaling.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Why Not Me?.

November 26, 2016 – Started Reading