Sarah Grace Grzy's Reviews > The Magnolia Story

The Magnolia Story by Chip Gaines

bookshelves: adult, my-favorites, true-stories, contemporary
Recommended for: Everyone!

Ya'll, this was awesome. Chip and Joanna are some of the most amazing people. They are just some of the most down to earth and real people I have ever heard of. This book was a wonderful glance into their busy, beautiful life. It made me laugh hysterically, (Chip has the effect on people, I imagine) and *almost* made me cry. They are just real people, with real issues, and a VERY real God! There is no romanticization, drama, or anything like that with either the TV show or this book. What you see is what you get.

To quote Joanna: "We love our kids, we love each other, we love this town, and we love our clients That's the heart behind our show. We're a real couple and a real company, and we do real jobs or people with real budgets."

They devotion to God, their family, and their business is so inspiring, and their honesty and integrity is motivational. This books was very encouraging to my own entrepreneurial efforts. A must read!!!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Magnolia Story.

Quotes Sarah Grace Liked

Chip Gaines
“I sure hope no one from Child Protective Services reads this book. They can't come after me retroactively, can they?”

Chip Gaines
“I told myself that I was going to live the rest of my life as if it were Saturday.”

Chip Gaines
“It is no easy thing to trust in God, to walk away”

November 26, 2016 – Shelved
November 26, 2016 – Shelved as: to-read
December 28, 2016 – Started Reading
December 28, 2016 –
page 15
7.21% "Oh my goodness! They are just so cute! <3"
December 29, 2016 –
page 100
48.08% "This book is just the best!! I love the story about Chip leaving Drake alone when he was a baby. . . XD So hilarious!"
December 30, 2016 – Shelved as: adult