Norma's Reviews > Behind Her Eyes

Behind Her Eyes by Sarah Pinborough

liked it

What?  Ugh!  Seriously?

Oh my I don’t even know how to rate this one let alone review it! So for now 3.5 stars rounded down.

Did this novel pull me in?  Most definitely!  I was hooked right away and absolutely could not put this book down. It totally consumed me and I was constantly trying to figure out what the heck was going on!  Was it him…..was it her….and then the ending….oh brother, seriously!  That is what my thoughts were exactly after reading!

BEHIND HER EYES by SARAH PINBOROUGH was an intriguing, gripping, exciting, and compulsive psychological thriller that grabbed my attention from the very first chapter and had me on the edge of my seat in anticipation for that ever so exciting and unforgettable ending that everyone seems to be talking about. Except after finishing reading this book I was a little disappointed about that ending. Sorry!

And here is why…..trying not to reveal too much of why this didn’t work for me and spoiling the ending for someone else I will try to explain myself.  Simply I seen it coming and I didn’t want it to go there.  You might ask how did I see it coming?  Well, I have a really overactive imagination and like to see things in a different light and what might be seen as eccentric. If I didn’t see where the author was going with it would it have still been surprising? Absolutely!  Was it a good read?  Absolutely!

I must say that BEHIND HER EYES is an absolutely brilliant title for this book!  Absolutely brilliant!

SARAH PINBOROUGH does deliver an extremely gripping story here that was well-written and had me totally engaged in the slow-building suspenseful story-line with a few good twists that had me questioning and guessing what was actually happening until I actually figured it all out.  I think if I didn’t figure it out it might have been a much better read for me!

To sum it all up it was an entertaining, enjoyable, suspenseful, fast-paced, quick and easy read with a twist ending. Would recommend!!

Review written and posted on our themed book blog Two Sisters Lost In A Coulee Reading.

Coulee: a term applied rather loosely to different landforms, all of which refer to a kind of valley.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Behind Her Eyes.

November 24, 2016 – Shelved
March 1, 2017 – Started Reading
March 1, 2017 –
page 120
March 1, 2017 –
page 120
March 2, 2017 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-50 of 67 (67 new)

Kris - My Novelesque Life Oh now! I was going to try this one on audio but am going to wait to hear what you thought. I just finished My Husband's Wife by Jane Corey and am still undecided.

Mandy Radley Oh is that bad or good. I'm hoping to finish this tonight, work got in the way!

Norma Kris - My Novelesque Life wrote: "Oh now! I was going to try this one on audio but am going to wait to hear what you thought. I just finished My Husband's Wife by Jane Corey and am still undecided."

Kris, I still think you should read it! I did really enjoy it just not so much the ending but overall it was still a really good and enjoyable read! :)

Norma Mandy wrote: "Oh is that bad or good. I'm hoping to finish this tonight, work got in the way!"

I am really looking forward to your thoughts on this Mandy!!! If I miss your review please send me a line so I can find it when you have finished. For some reason I don't seem to get all my friends reviews on my feed and have to go searching for them.

Kris - My Novelesque Life Norma wrote: "Kris - My Novelesque Life wrote: "Oh now! I was going to try this one on audio but am going to wait to hear what you thought. I just finished My Husband's Wife by Jane Corey and am still undecided...."

Thanks for letting me know, Norma! I will leave it on the list :)

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Really great review, Norma! You have me curious about the ending and your overacted imagination and wonder if my would kick in reading this. Lol.

Kris - My Novelesque Life And great review! :)

message 8: by KAS (new)

KAS Fantastic review, Norma! xx

Norma Kris - My Novelesque Life wrote: "And great review! :)"

Thank you, Kris! :)

Mandy Radley Love the review Norma, still to finish but I do agree with you, and I'm still trying to work out what's going on and how it will end. Will let you know my thoughts.

message 11: by Kendall (new)

Kendall Oooo nice review Norma! I haven't been able to get to this one yet but it's on my gigantic TBR lol

Kaceey Fantastic review Norma! Now you've got me very curious about this book!

message 13: by Frances (new)

Frances Good review Norma!!

Lindsay - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Excellent review Norma!! It always takes away from a book when you figure out the ending too soon. Ugh! I've been on the fence about this one but your review is making me more curious about it....

message 15: by Linda (new) - added it

Linda Boy, did I relate to your feelings. Reminded me of a book I felt the same way about. You sure did a great job with your review, Norma! I've picked this up several times at the bookstore. I'm happy, now, that I didn't buy it. Thanks.

Norma Brenda wrote: "Really great review, Norma! You have me curious about the ending and your overacted imagination and wonder if my would kick in reading this. Lol."

Thank you so much, Brenda! I am really curious to see if you will figure it out too so you must read this soon! lol
What you don't think I have an overactive imagination? hehehe
Sisters.......

Norma KAS wrote: "Fantastic review, Norma! xx"

Thank you so much, KAS! :)

Norma Mandy wrote: "Love the review Norma, still to finish but I do agree with you, and I'm still trying to work out what's going on and how it will end. Will let you know my thoughts."

Thank you so much, Mandy! :)

Norma Kendall wrote: "Oooo nice review Norma! I haven't been able to get to this one yet but it's on my gigantic TBR lol"

Thank you so much, Kendall! I hope that you enjoy it! :)

Norma Kaceey wrote: "Fantastic review Norma! Now you've got me very curious about this book!"

Thanks so much, Kaceey! I was really curious about it too so that is how come I bumped it up! I am glad that my review has enticed you to read it! :)

Kristin (KC) - Traveling Sister I love seeing everyone's reaction to the ending of this book...so many mixed feelings! I totally get where you're coming from--well said! That ending is definitely a hard pill to swallow. Great review, Norma! :)

Maureen Great review Norma, it was certainly the mother of all twists!

Norma Frances wrote: "Good review Norma!!"

Thanks, Frances! :)

Norma Lindsay wrote: "Excellent review Norma!! It always takes away from a book when you figure out the ending too soon. Ugh! I've been on the fence about this one but your review is making me more curious about it...."

Thanks so much, Lindsay! I know an ending is definitely a deciding factor for me on how well I enjoyed the book. I was pretty curious about this book too! I hope you enjoy it if you do decide to read. I think you should read it! :)

Norma Linda wrote: "Boy, did I relate to your feelings. Reminded me of a book I felt the same way about. You sure did a great job with your review, Norma! I've picked this up several times at the bookstore. I'm happy,..."

Thank you so much for the compliment, Linda! Makes me feel pretty good....lol. I read it from the library and I am happy that it was available as I was really curious to read this one.

Norma Kristin (KC) wrote: "I love seeing everyone's reaction to the ending of this book...so many mixed feelings! I totally get where you're coming from--well said! That ending is definitely a hard pill to swallow. Great rev..."

Thanks so much, Kristin! I know I love seeing all the reactions too. I think that is part of the excitement of reading and sharing on Goodreads for me! :) Yeah that ending I just don't know! lol

Norma Maureen wrote: "Great review Norma, it was certainly the mother of all twists!"

Thanks so much, Maureen! Yup there were definitely good twists to this book! :)

Julie Wonderful review, Norma!!

Susanne  Strong Great review Norma! Sounds intriguing even though you didn't love it. I am interested in this one bc everyone's reactions are SO different.

message 30: by Deanna (new)

Deanna Great review, Norma!!

message 31: by Melissa (new)

Melissa Another great review, Norma! I STILL can't decide if I should give this one a go. Lol.

Norma Julie wrote: "Wonderful review, Norma!!"

Thank you so much, Julie!

Norma Susanne wrote: "Great review Norma! Sounds intriguing even though you didn't love it. I am interested in this one bc everyone's reactions are SO different."

Thank you so much, Susanne! I still think it is well worth the read even though I didn't love that ending. I know that is what is so great about Goodreads we get to see so many different reactions! :)

Norma Deanna wrote: "Great review, Norma!!"

Thank you so much, Deanna! :)

Norma Melissa wrote: "Another great review, Norma! I STILL can't decide if I should give this one a go. Lol."

Awe, thanks so much Melissa! I was super curious so that is why I decided to read it! :)

message 36: by Mary Beth (new) - added it

Mary Beth Excellent review Norma! Hope your next one will be a 5 star.

Norma Mary wrote: "Excellent review Norma! Hope your next one will be a 5 star."

Thank you so much Mary Beth! I am reading The Wonder now and listening to The Kitchen House and I am liking them both so far.

message 38: by Amanda (new) - added it

Amanda Great review Norma! Made me laugh :) I am intrigued to read this one.

Colleen Fauchelle it sure is a crazy story

Norma Amanda wrote: "Great review Norma! Made me laugh :) I am intrigued to read this one."

Thank you so much, Amanda! My review made Brenda laugh too....lol
It is definitely a book that is read because we are curious about that ending. I know I was! :)

Norma Colleen wrote: "it sure is a crazy story"

lol, I don't mind crazy but I do have to like the crazy....

Colleen Fauchelle Norma wrote: "Colleen wrote: "it sure is a crazy story"

lol, I don't mind crazy but I do have to like the crazy...."

hehehe True

Piepie Great review! I just finished the book myself. I also think the title was very clever! I thought the ending was a bit of a letdown and I'm still trying to wrap my mind around all that happened. I'll be thinking of ... well, everything ... for quite some time!!

Norma Piepie wrote: "Great review! I just finished the book myself. I also think the title was very clever! I thought the ending was a bit of a letdown and I'm still trying to wrap my mind around all that happened. I'l..."

Thank you so much, Piepie! I know exactly what you mean! :)

message 45: by Amy (new) - rated it 4 stars

Amy Great review, Norma! I totally feel your opinion here. I considered giving it a 3.5 as well. For me mainly because I didn't know if I liked the ending. Left me feeling very Gone Girl-like hahah Gripping and yet you're like wteff! Pardon me, please! Great read though.

Norma Thank you so much, Amy! Lol
I know that I didn't much care for the ending but like you said it was a gripping & surprising read though. This was a hard one to rate for me.

Marcos Muñoz Totally agree, same case here. I liked the book but saw where it was going from the middle. The toughest part, though, was that the villain made no mistake in the whole story and the "hero" didn't even have the opportunity of a confrontation. A thriller with an abyss, not a cliffhanger, at its end

Norma So true Marcos! This was such a strange read for me and it looks like I was definitely not alone with my thoughts on this one! :-)

Berit☀️✨ Norma fantastic review! Can’t believe you figure that out! You are quite the detective! 💕

message 50: by Dana (new) - rated it 4 stars

Dana Ditto to what Berit said! 👆🏻. Amazing!

« previous 1