Tishia (Paperback Opinion)'s Reviews > The Paris Secret

The Paris Secret by Angela Henry

Jul 05, 2011

Wow, this book was not like other books that I'm used to reading. This was mostly a murder mystery, with a hint of passion/romance. The heroine in this story is Maya, a smart and courageous woman who takes a trip to Paris by herself after finding out her boyfriend cheated on her. Her luck goes from bad to worse when she is framed for murder. Even worse than that - the real murderer is trying to kill her.

This is one of those books that makes you grateful for your normal, boring life. I couldn't imagine being Maya, I think I would have had a mental breakdown from the very beginning. She is definitely stronger and more independent than I am. She has nothing but bad luck, and then she meets Simon - who is thrown into the living hell with her. Together, they are forced to figure out clues that are of life and death importance.

This book is a bit of a thriller, and is full of mystery, action, and suspense. The plot of the story was wonderful, and so was the writing. There were twists and turns throughout the whole story to keep you on your toes. You don't know who to trust, and you keep turning the pages hoping to find out all the answers. I don't know if this is part of a series or not, but it definitely could be. I would like to see more between Simon and Maya. They have really good chemistry and I would like to see them have time together where they are not running for their lives.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Paris Secret.