Sandy's Reviews > Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging

Jul 05, 2011

liked it
bookshelves: fluff-i-love, i-loved-except-for-that-one-part, read-in-2011

3.5

If you're in the mood for something snarky and irreverent, this is the book for you. I'm not a laugh-out-loud type of girl (I just do the laughing in my head, thank you) but this had me laughing uproariously for all to hear. Georgia has such a well-defined voice full of humor, wit, snark, fluff, and heart.

Think Bridget Jones for the teen set.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Angus, Thongs and Full-Frontal Snogging.

Sophie Riggsby / allthingsequilateral What's the "one part" you didn't like? Curious. Just finished it and yes, it was laugh-out-loud funny. Very Bridget Jones-ish. Which, of course, I adored.

message 2: by Sandy (last edited Sep 18, 2011 05:59PM) (new) - rated it 3 stars

Sandy It's not that there's a particular scene that I don't like--it more that I don't like how shallow Georgia stays throughout the series. Her superficiality is funny and endearing at first, but I did want to see more growth in her character, especially after ten books.

Also, I wish she were older than 14. Robbie's almost 18, and it seems crazy for Georgia to be only 14 and staying out at clubs until the wee hours of the morning and snogging boys who are so old.

However, Louise Rennison has a gift for snark and sarcasm and humor, and these books are hilarious.

Sophie Riggsby / allthingsequilateral I'm currently writing a review of the first book for Banned Book Week. And I do agree that her character doesn't have much depth but is really funny. I bought the first four books, but as I finished the second, I began to think that perhaps that voice would wear me down after ten books. I certainly can't read them all back-to-back (as much as I love my chick-lit).

As for the age thing, it's a little shocking but I remember being 14 and desperately wanting that first kiss...

A solid 4-stars for me. We're not far off on the rating. And have I told you how much I adore your labels?? LOVE THEM. They make perfect sense.