Katarina's Reviews > Hallowed

Hallowed by Cynthia Hand

Jul 04, 2011

bookshelves: emotional, for-hopeless-romantics, read-in-2012, nephilim, angels
Read from January 17 to 19, 2012

This is by far one of the better series about angels that are currently out! I do know that a lot of other angel-centered books that I've read are not looked upon too fondly by others but this is one that I find ALL people loving and enjoying right along with me. Where do I start?! The first book had mystery and action and excitement and love, but this one had the raw emotions you feel when you watch your favorite movie or when you experience something so deep that you have no words to explain. I loved that although there was clearly a central theme of heartbreak and loss in this book, it was balanced nicely with the lighthearted and happy tones. Also the different mysteries that are uncovered about Clara and her bloodline and also with all of her visions really keeps you interested. I have to say that in the first book I kind of fought with myself to like Tucker since it seemed that he wasn't going anywhere but I really was rooting for Christian. Suffice it to say I was VERY pleased with the events in this book regarding Clara and Tucker and Christian because (although I may be biased) I think the way the first one was written sort of sets you up to love Christian, and then breaks that all away once Clara ends up with Tucker. In this one it is sort of a back and forth in Clara's mind because although she loves Tucker and it is her free will to choose whomever she loves, she can't deny that there is a definite pull towards Christian and that, had things gone differently in "Unearthly," there is a good chance she and Christian would have ended up together. I also loved the parts that were angel-centered like the congregation and all the new characters that were introduced. This book was so emotional and anyone who has experienced loss of some sort can really relate to the feelings that are being emitted through these characters. It was a great read and DEFINITELY recommended for those who love Angel or Nephilim books. Can't wait to find out what happens next!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Hallowed.

01/17/2012
1.0% "EEEEEKKKKKKKK! I almost forgot it came out today until I saw someone post something about Unearthly and I was like "DUH!" So excited for this right now! Love the convenience of a kindle!!"
01/18/2012
52.0% "This book is getting so good I literally cannot set it down. But... I have to sleep sometime so I will commence reading after I get some rest! Loving the storyline in this one and am strongly Team Christian since "Unearthly" :) also... Contemplating skiing lessons in my future"