Tiffany's Reviews > Mad Love

2741932
Jul 04, 2011

bookshelves: 2011, favorites, cutesy, modern-fantasy
Read from July 04 to 05, 2011

Belinda Amorous writes romance books some days. A lot of romance books. Other days, she settles into a deep sadness. Those days, she doesn't move around very much. Alice is her daughter trying to pay the bills and keep her mother's bipolar disorder away from the press. But the publishing company is waiting for a book that hasn't been written, and Alice needs to come up with a new novel - soon. In comes Errol, also known as Cupid, asking for his love story to be told. As Alice writes down Errol's story, she falls into her own, crushing on Skateboard Guy, coming to terms with her mother's disorder, and coming to terms with herself. I fell in love with this book right away. It falls into a very rare category, where I believe it can be classified as both a life lesson and an fun read. I really love how she doesn't just use romantic love, which seems to dominate a lot of literature. There's also an emphasis on relationships with friends and family. I'm looking forward to a long relationship with Suzanne Selfors and her books.
1 like · flag

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Mad Love.