Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews's Reviews > Ordinary Grace

Ordinary Grace by William Kent Krueger

Ordinary Grace is a beautifully written coming-of-age story. Told by 13-year-old Frank's perspective 40 years later. The story takes place in 1961 in a small town with a close-knit community.

I found it to be a slow moving, wonderful story of family and community. With flawed characters, that touched my heart. The well-written characters gave me a good understanding how they arrive at and journey through their experiences. I wouldn't say it's a story about a mystery but more of secrets.

I love when a book gives me a good sense of place and time. That brings characters to life and the understanding of how they relate to each other. That's what William Kent Kruegar has done for me with Ordinary Grace.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Ordinary Grace.

November 23, 2016 – Shelved
November 29, 2016 – Started Reading
November 29, 2016 –
page 139
December 1, 2016 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-27 of 27 (27 new)

message 1: by Norma (new) - added it

Norma Excellent review, Brenda!

message 2: by Maureen (new)

Maureen Great review Brenda.

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Norma wrote: "Excellent review, Brenda!"

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Maureen wrote: "Great review Brenda."

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Thank you, Lindsay and Ameera for the like

message 6: by Christine (new) - added it

Christine Zibas Sounds good.

message 7: by Deanna (new)

Deanna I've been meaning to read this for awhile. Great review :)

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Deanna wrote: "I've been meaning to read this for awhile. Great review :)"

Thank you, Deanna. When you do, I will look forward to your thoughts on it.

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Thank you, Christine, Jurqita, Dorreh and Fran for the like.

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Stephanie wrote: "Nice review!! I liked this too... your note about slow moving resonates though... :D I don't know if you have any interest in reading the Cork O'Connor series by same author? There is a group that ..."

Thank you for letting me know. I am going to look into that series. I hope you have a great holiday

Linda Loved your review! I think I have it on my list. If not, I should add it.

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Linda wrote: "Loved your review! I think I have it on my list. If not, I should add it."
Thank you, Linda. It's a good one to add!

Karen Wonderful book, great review!

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Karen wrote: "Wonderful book, great review!"
Thank you, Karen.

Cheri Terrific review, Brenda! Along with many others, I loved this book, your review was perfect and brought it all back!

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Cheri wrote: "Terrific review, Brenda! Along with many others, I loved this book, your review was perfect and brought it all back!"
Thank you so much, Cheri. So glad to hear, makes me smile.

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Thank you, Stephanie,Rebbie, Jim, Carol, Joyce, Carol, Diana oh Lainey, Dawn, Eric, Zoeytron and Trey

Kathleen Perfect review. Beautiful book.

Marilyn Fantastic review, Brenda! I enjoyed this one too:)

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Thank you, Marilyn! I am so glad to see that!

Margitte Great review, Brenda. I just loved this novel too.

Brenda - Traveling Sisters Book Reviews Margitte wrote: "Great review, Brenda. I just loved this novel too."

Thank you, Margitte! I am so glad you loved it too!!