Helen's Reviews > Final Girls

Final Girls by Riley Sager

bookshelves: arc, thriller, reviewed, crime

Horror films come to life in The Final Girls.

Three different women are left as the only survivors of random massacres in a sorority house, a cabin in the wood, and an isolated hotel.

Fast paced and gripping, and full of twists and turns that kept me guessing. Just as I thought I had it figured out Sager threw another twist in there! I thought I knew who the villain was about three different times, but no, I was wrong.

The characters were well thought out and developed, although I didn't like Quincy much. At first, she's bland and melodramatic, but she does improve as the book goes on. Samantha was a much better character.

There were a couple of points where I couldn't understand why the characters acted the way they did, and it was surprisingly neatly wrapped up at the end. They're minor issues with it though and they didn't stop me enjoying it.

Nothing was obvious and I didn't guess the final twists before the end. This is a great debut from Sage, and I really enjoyed reading it!

I received a free copy from the publisher in return for an honest review.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Final Girls.

November 23, 2016 – Shelved
November 23, 2016 – Shelved as: own-and-need-to-read
November 23, 2016 – Shelved as: arc
November 24, 2016 – Started Reading
November 24, 2016 –
November 25, 2016 –
November 25, 2016 –
87.0% "I keep thinking I know who did it, then it takes me in another direction completely!"
November 25, 2016 – Shelved as: thriller