Signe Hansen's Reviews > The Fault in Our Stars

The Fault in Our Stars by John Green

Jul 04, 2011

Recommended for: Everyone
Read from May 07 to 12, 2012

I finally gathered up the courage to read this book, knowing how sad it would inevitably be, and I do not, in any way, regret it.

THIS REVIEW HAS SPOILERS AND I THINK YOU SHOULD READ THE BOOK BEFORE YOU READ THIS REVIEW, BECAUSE THE BOOK IS GOOD AND I DON'T JUSTIFY IT

As an avid John Green reader, I've read every single one of his books, and I have loved them all. One thing that has always annoyed me a little though, is that I don't quite understand his segment. I mean, I know they are young-adult books, but to be honest I don't know a lot of young adult people cool enough to understand his genius (that sounded pathetic, but.. Well)! I'm a nerdfighter myself, and I guess his books are specifically aimed at other young adult nerdfighters which is awesome and now I'm just rambling. Sorry!
Back to the actual review of this book:
I don't even know how to properly describe my feelings on this wonderful story. Well, I say wonderful - but more like heartwrenching, shoot me in the head and leave me to die, wonderful, but.. Wonderful nevertheless.
I love love love Hazel, and I can't help but love how a grown man has such... Insight into the life of a teenage girl, so there's that.. ;)
But seriously though - Hazel! Her humor, her personality, her insecurities - God.. She's perfect.. If, maybe, a bit too smart for her age.. Or.. At least compared to me, which is not really saying a lot.. Hmpf....
And.. Don't even get me started on Augustus Waters. Augustus. Fucking. Waters. Holy shit he's perfect! Except for the whole dead-thing, of course....... Nicely put, Signe. Nicely put.
To get back to the point:
I absolutely loved everything about this book. So.... Read it