Kara's Reviews > Blood Moon

Blood Moon by T. Lynne Tolles

Jul 04, 2011

bookshelves: 2011-list, 4-stars, supernatural

Blood Moon is the second book in the Darby and Rowan series. It is a must that Blood of a Werewolf is read before Blood Moon as the character descriptions are written with the assumption the reader already knows everyone.

I received a copy of Blood of a Werewolf for free in exchange for a review. But only a few chapters in I was completely hooked and knew I would be reading the rest of the series. I downloaded Blood Moon minutes after finishing the first book because Tolles is a master of tying up all the lose ends and then throwing in a huge cliffhanger in the last sentence of the book.

While Blood of a Werewolf took the sisters on an adventure from their new Vampire boyfriends past, this second book takes them all on an adventure from the sisters past. A very dark past that involved their distant ancestors in the late 1800’s and is now coming back to replay its self in the present day.

I enjoyed watching Darby really hone her Witch skills. She is very powerful and this book let her explore those powers.

Dean from Colorado was a large part of this story and he was important in helping Rowan flex her Werewolf muscles. I look forward to seeing Rowan hone her skills in upcoming books.

As with the first book, Tolles gives extensive detail and explanation in some areas yet glosses over things the reader may feel are important at other times. This is just her style and I found that if she dismisses something as unimportant, she doesn’t bring it up as a major storyline chapters later. Realizing this style and keeping in mind this book was written for a YA audience made the book enjoyable.

I give this book a 4 out of 5 stars. With another major cliffhanger at the end of Blood Moon I am off to begin reading Blood Lust now!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Blood Moon.

July 4, 2011 – Started Reading
July 4, 2011 – Shelved
July 5, 2011 –
12.0% "Picks up where book 1 stops. So, I am already hooked!"
July 12, 2011 – Finished Reading