Edit~A's Reviews > Dante

Dante by Bethany-Kris

Dec 09, 2016

it was ok

“People like us, we’re not supposed to feel. We don’t get attached. It ruins us. Together, we’ll be the perfect pair. Together, we have nothing to lose.”

It was fun but I still was disappointed. I couldn't make myself to like Cat, I really don't know why she was fine after all, but I couldn't like her, something in her was pushing me away, and I guess that's why I didn't like the book itself.

“Feelings weren’t a part of the deal and I am sorry.”
“Dante—”
“I’m sorry because I love you.”

Second, future Dons actually, just Don's sons as well can't not marry outsiders. Yeah she was Italian, but she was not part of the mafia, so i couldn't see them as a good match. But even without it, she kind of annoyed me at times. However, Dante always surprised me in this book.

Moreover, I didn't like him bringing her to Commission, not because she was a female, no, she was not part of it. If he wanted to present her to them, he could have arranged a meeting before or after the commission. Moreover, she was disrespectful, polishing her nails? For real? That doesn't show power that shows arrogance, which is not power. Anyway, didn't like it much.

“Have honor,” Gio said.
“Love fiercely,” Lucian added.
Dante smiled. “Be filthy.”

Overall, I am happy that the series are over, since it never met my expectations. And I was anticipating so much from this family.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Dante.

November 21, 2016 – Shelved