Barbara Hackel's Reviews > A Ghostly Reunion

A Ghostly Reunion by Tonya Kappes

Once again proprietor and "betweener" ghost helper Emma Lee is bemoaning the lack of dying customers. Although she isn't without plenty to do, as she puts the finishing touches on the class reunion she has planned. It is during the penultimate planning for the reunion when Jade Lee Peel, the ultimate mean girl in high school, comes into town for the reunion. Things rapidly go down hill for Emma Lee as it becomes apparent that the 10 years since high school have not improved Jade's personality or penchant for meanness. She is followed around by her best friend from high school, Tina Tittle, who isn't quite as bad as Jade in the way she treats Emma Lee. While this has almost ruined the event for Emma Lee, it is eventually ruined even more for Jade when she is found strangled to death. Just like that Emma Lee has another "betweener" client. At least Jade treats her better dead than when she was alive! But between trying to solve Jade's murder so she can move on, struggling to get her sister to sign property papers for the Eternal Rest, all the details about the reunion, and getting Jade Lee Peel for a client, things are a little busy for Emma Lee! Somehow she does everything she needs to do and manages to have a little quality time with her lawman boyfriend, John Henry.

This is the fifth book in the series, and Emma Lee's "Funeral Trauma" is as fun as ever. She is getting to be a better detective, and I think John Henry is cooperating more with her as well. It is a very enjoyable book filled with quirky small town characters and activities. This book is best read in the order of the series so that characters are established and the reader has the background to understand little quips made throughout the book. It was a good mystery, and I am glad I read it. I highly recommend this series from start to the end of this book. I also hope the series continues, because Ms Kappe sure slipped in a humdinger in the end of the book! I can't wait to see what happens next.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read A Ghostly Reunion.

Finished Reading