Anita's Reviews > Adorkable

Adorkable by Cookie O'Gorman

3202140

bookshelves: young-adult, coming-of-age, romance

This is my second book of a sick-day read-a-thon. This time I went down the list of books I've purchased recently and picked the cover/title that appealed to me the most. Adorkable was another great choice on my part, no matter how random.

What I Loved I really enjoyed Sally's obliviousness to Becks feelings, and likewise Beck's obliviousness to Sals. It really did make for a fun time for the reader who was able to 'read between the lines.' It made Becks' character even more adorable, because while Sally was the one who struggled the most in this book, for acceptance with herself and others, Becks was hopelessly lost in love and it was plain as day.

The opening of this book was so great, best beginning ever.

Sally as a whole was a great character. I loved the parts of her that were 'dorky' and absolutely adored her job reading to the kids. I almost wanted that job too!

Not So Much: I'm sorry, I don't care how good her intentions were, I would have thrown Hooker to the curb a LONG time ago. No friends who can't take no for an answer deserves the amount of chances she got. I was really annoyed with her, even if she did provide some entertaining moments. I kind of was aggravated at Sally's mother for similar reasons. Yes, these things are there to make the story go - they were just so annoying and persistent, it drove me nuts!

The Verdict: While I was annoyed at parts, as a whole I loved watching this story play out. I even kind of enjoyed the torture Sally went through in the fake boyfriend process, knowing that Becks was feeling the same thing. This book is clean and great for Teens young and old.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Adorkable.

November 19, 2016 – Started Reading