Linda B's Reviews > The Final Summit: A Quest to Find the One Principle That Will Save Humanity

The Final Summit by Andy Andrews

Jul 03, 2011

it was ok
Read in July, 2011

This book is the sequel to The Traveler’s Gift, which I did not read. In The Final Summit, the Archangel Gabriel brings a message from God to David Ponder. Gather all of the Travelers together and they must answer the following question with a two-word answer: “What does humanity need to do, individually and collectively, to restore itself to the pathway toward successful civilization?”

I was very disappointed in this book. It seems that it is part spiritual fantasy, part new age self-help. I didn't find this book particularly interesting or intriguing, and it was definitely not spiritually sound. It seems in this book God tells man “save yourself”!

The beginning felt creepily like an infomercial for the get-rich-quick with real estate shown on late night TV. I also found it odd when the Archangel Gabriel appeared to David and told him that he was considered by the other travelers as “The greatest of them all”. In another scene David meets Winston Churchill (another traveler) and has a cigar with him.

While the main point of the story (the end) is not a bad idea, it certainly is not a Christian view of what our focus in life should be. There is also a good lesson for living debt-free.

I have read good Christian fantasy and have even read secular fantasy that had more Christian delineation of good and evil than did this book. I can't recommend this book.

A copy of The Final Summit was provided free of charge by Thomas Nelson Publishing for review with the understanding that the review will be my honest opinion.

Please stop by Bookvisions http://bookvisions.blogspot.com to see some of my other reviews.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Final Summit.