Cristina (My Tiny Obsessions)'s Reviews > The Bad Boy Bargain

19975799
Nov 21, 2016

Read full review HERE

description

Entangled Crush book are awesome! They truly are. And this one did not disappoint at all.

This wasn’t my first book by Kendra C. Highley, as I had previously read Finding Perfect and Defying Gravity, and I really liked both of them, so I knew that I would like her writing, and I was right. This is probably the most beautifully written book of the three, maybe because it deals with such dark emotions. So yeah… I really really liked the writing.

I have to admit that I found it a bit hard to connect with Faith, and I thought that she wasn’t totally fleshed out, even by the end of the book. Maybe because most of the story and plot center around Kyle and the secrets he’s keeping and why he’s keeping them, Faith gets away with being sweet and excited, but there isn’t much more shown of her. Yeah, we know what she likes and doesn’t like, but mostly in the context of Kyle… I feel like after over 200 pages, I don’t really know her.

On the other hand, I loved loved loved Kyle. Kyle is such a complex character!!! I absolutely loved him, and understood why he did what he did at every turn. I liked how scared he was, while trying to appear calm and collected. I loved that he knew who he was, even if he didn’t show himself to the world. Because who doesn’t like to read about a player who has never been kissed?

These two together was all kinds of sweet and adorable. SO CUTE! But I have to say, I might be OK with instalove on occasion, but these two went from not knowing each other to being in love in a week… That’s one of my huge problems with this book, everything (and I do mean everything) happened way too fast!

While I did like that there was never really a pretend relationship, because they tried to be real from the start, I think that the time frame was just so limited. I wanted them to know each other way better before they went all in.

I also had a little problem with the premise of the book and the why they got together in the first place. The reason why Faith wanted to wreck her reputation felt really silly and dumb to me, because I don’t understand why what caused it would be an issue… but hell, I won’t pretend to understand how Highschool works in the US.

Overall, and even with the few problems I had with this book, it was still a very enjoyable read. I really loved the writing and the emotional ride that Kyle got me through. And that made it a worthy read.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Bad Boy Bargain.

November 20, 2016 – Started Reading