tENTATIVELY, cONVENIENCE's Reviews > More by Alison Knowles

More by Alison Knowles by Alison Knowles

bookshelves: art, fluxus

This ISN"T a Great Bear Pamphlet & it ISN"T published by Something Else Press. It DOES have the same cover design as a GBP (the same outline, same font) but there's no bear. It's obviously a sequel of sorts to "by Alison Knowles" but this is on the successor press to Something Else: Printed Editions. & this is the 2nd edition - wch is, indeed, different from the 1st edition. Her intro:

"These pieces in MORE are the writings, spoken parts, poems and events from my environments of the 1970's. Given the opportunity to reprint MORE, I decided to leave out several of the shorter pieces in the first edition to make room for Three New Bean Events, The Shoemaker's Assistant, and Bean see also Bien. The collage preface that follows was made by Philip Corner."

This is bigger & has more variety than the 1st "by Alison Knowles". It includes a poem for George Maciunas taken from the New York City phone Book in 1965. Here's an excerpt:

Bean Adeliade 876 6636
Bean B H 850 3842
Bean Bag Day Care Center 749 5030
Bean, Barret and May Sales and Service BA9 0494

A bit off the subject of Knowles here is that I saw Steve McCaffery perform a reading from a phone bk at SUNY Buffalo in 1995 & it was one of the most convincingly passionate & dramatic readings I've ever witnessed.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read More by Alison Knowles.