Carra's Reviews > ’Til Death Do Us Part

’Til Death Do Us Part by Addison Albright

I’ve got a new-to-me author that is now sitting firmly on my list of ones to keep an eye on. Addison Albright totally sucked me in to this story from the very beginning, and holy cow she did not let me go for even a second until the very end. I loved the characters, the storyline, and pretty much everything else about this book…so I’m not even going to wait until the end of this review to let you know this was a 5-star read for me.

My heart broke over and over again for both Sam and Henry. Even knowing they’d have another chance in the end from the blurb, watching them both go through this heart-wrenching separation was tough. Seeing what they each went through also made me think what would happen if I was put in that same situation, and the thought of it is frankly terrifying. It made me feel so much for Sam, not ever having received any kind of true closure.

I loved how Henry kept focused virtually the entire time he and the others were stranded, and how he remained strong for the child that was stranded with them. It was uplifting to see how he, Garrett and Devon all worked together…the three of them seemed like a good representation of the spectrum of attitudes you would expect to see. Garrett, the ultra-calm, super level-headed guy who is the consistent voice of reason; Devon, the impatient, sometimes impulsive and hot-headed one; and Henry-torn apart by missing Sam, wondering what his disappearance is doing to his husband, and yet putting on a brave face and using his knowledge to help keep everyone alive…while becoming immediately attached to Buddy, the small child (a baby really) who was marooned with them.

The love between Henry and Sam is so deep that it makes it incredibly hard for Sam to move on-taking him years to finally do so. And just when he’s about to take a huge step with someone else (Nash, a sweet man who you’ll wind up feeling so much for), everything gets turned upside down again.

Between the intensity of Henry and his companions trying to stay alive on a deserted island, the heartbreak Sam goes through thinking he’s lost Henry, and finally the upheaval once they are reunited…I absolutely could not put this story down. It was utterly captivating, and made for an amazing read. Even though for the majority of the story Sam and Henry are apart, the way it is told-with the chapters before the rescue starting off with a flashback to a point in time in their relationship that lines up with the time from which Henry’s flight crashes (so for instance day one in their past is the day they met, in the present is the day the plane goes down)-is unique and keep you thoroughly invested in the story. It lets you learn about how their relationship starts and develops while at the same time showing how they deal with the present-day situation, and ultimately enforcing and reinforcing their utter devotion to each other.

You already know, but this was a 5-star read for me, and it’s also going on my Top Recommendations list. I highly recommend this story for any M/M romance fan, and while there is not much intimate content (and honestly, this story works very well with the small amount it does have), it is still meant for readers 18+ for adult language and some light intimate scenes. I really did love this story, and I can’t wait to keep reading the series—especially to find out what happens with Nash!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read ’Til Death Do Us Part.

November 19, 2016 – Shelved