Melissa McShane's Reviews > Nine Coaches Waiting

Nine Coaches Waiting by Mary  Stewart

bookshelves: own, contemporary-fiction, suspense, romance

I haven't read much Mary Stewart aside from the Arthurian trilogy a million years ago. This one kept popping up as one of her best, and I thought, why not?

I absolutely loved it. I wish I could be more specific. It just worked for me. I don't normally like the alpha male type, but in this case Raoul was...there was something else going on beneath his playboy exterior. And I really, really didn't know who the villain was until everything was revealed, so I was in suspense the whole time. (view spoiler)

Now I need to find out if there are any other Mary Stewart novels that are this good.

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Nine Coaches Waiting.

November 19, 2016 – Shelved
Started Reading
June 20, 2018 – Finished Reading

Comments Showing 1-3 of 3 (3 new)

Beth If you find one, let me know! I haven’t yet.

message 2: by Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽ (last edited Nov 26, 2019 10:29PM) (new) - rated it 5 stars

Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽ This one is top of the Mary Stewart books for me too. You really blasted right through these, didn’t you? ;)

Melissa McShane Tadiana ✩Night Owl☽ wrote: "This one is top of the Mary Stewart books for me too. You really blasted right through these, didn’t you? ;)"

They have been a really good way to clear my head between writing sessions. I like reading stuff that isn't the same genre as whatever I'm working on, and her descriptions are just masterful--not something I feel confident about in my own writing. So I basically ordered them all and alternated reading them with reading whatever other random stuff came my way. :)