Magdalena aka A Bookaholic Swede's Reviews > The Alice Network

The Alice Network by Kate Quinn

bookshelves: read-2018

The Alice Network is a book that many of my bookish friends have read and loved and yet it took ages for me to get to it. Perhaps it was just the right time for it when I finally got to it. Sitting here trying to write a review of the book feels a bit daunting, to be honest. The blurb explains the story quite excellently without giving away to much and I don't want to spoil the story a bit.

So, I will start off by praising the authors writing. This is the first Kate Quinn book I have read and I was impressed with the wonderful flow of the story, how the two storylines so effortlessly fitted together. There is always the risk of one storyline dominated the other, but in this case, I think both were equally good. The women that worked as spies in WW1 really amazed me, their bravery, despite the danger. And the risk they took. Truly amazing! Here I also must say that I just I love how Quinn blended true events with fiction. As always when it comes to author's notes was I fascinated to learn more about true events.

Likewise, was I taken with Charlie's hunt for her cousin in France after WW2. And the connection between the storylines, or rather the connected person; Eve Gardiner is such a wonderful character, from her youthful spies day to the older, quite bitter version.

The Alice Network is a fabulous book and I'm quite eager to read more from Kate Quinn. I recommend this book warmly!

I want to thank William Morrow for providing me with a free copy through Edelweiss for an honest review!

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read The Alice Network.

November 17, 2016 – Shelved