Jen (That's What I'm Talking About)'s Reviews > Spectyr

Spectyr by Philippa Ballantine

Jul 02, 2011

bookshelves: fantasy, book-of-the-order

Just like its predecessor, Spectyr, is full of amazing details, distinctive locals and unique lexicon. It is a beautifully crafted and involving story that requires a reader’s full attention. The action is intense, and the plotlines are elaborately crafted. I will admit that I had forgotten several details from Geist, but Ms. Ballantine did a marvelous job “reminding me” of key events.

As events unfold, sections of the Empire began to crumble and I was left wondering what will happen next. Although this book didn’t have what I would term a “cliff-hanger” ending, it did leave many unresolved issues and open-ended plot lines. I cannot wait to find out what will happen to Sorcha, Merrick and Raed, along with the fate of several new an returning characters. I will warn you, this story is NOT a quick read, and while it may take a bit longer to complete, it is addictive and worth the time!

My Rating: 4 Stars (A-)

For my full review please visit here:

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read Spectyr.

July 2, 2011 – Started Reading
July 2, 2011 – Shelved
July 2, 2011 – Shelved as: fantasy
July 2, 2011 – Shelved as: book-of-the-order
July 2, 2011 –
page 1
0.32% "I loved the first book and can't wait to start this one!!"
July 3, 2011 –
page 41
13.23% "Wow... I forgot a lot of the little details from Geist... Good thing the author is filling in the blanks for me. So fascinating!"
July 8, 2011 –
page 174
56.13% "WOW!"
July 9, 2011 –
page 248
80.0% "I really wish Raed communicated with the Rossin."
July 9, 2011 –
page 252
81.29% "And I didn't think life could get any worse for Raed..."
July 10, 2011 –
100.0% "Blown away... Another wonderful story!"
July 10, 2011 – Finished Reading