Melanie's Reviews > To Suit a Suitor

To Suit a Suitor by Paula Kremser

bookshelves: book-tours, clean, regency, romance

Julia's mother has a personal reason for pushing Julia (and her sister) to marry as quickly as possible. However, Julia doesn't seem to have much luck with men. She doesn't mind too much but is under incredible pressure from her mother to get married. An opportunity comes along for her to leave London for a couple of months. In her desperation to leave, she makes a rash agreement with her mother, with a plan in mind to not have to abide by its terms. While she's gone, she meets Henry, the local sought-after bachelor, and is determined to not get involved with him.

This was a quick, fun read! Julia is an easy character to like. Her mother is overbearing and her sister is flighty. Julia is kind and seriously confused as to why men keep dumping her--she doesn't try to make that happen, but does find that she's not sad when it does. Henry is also easy to like. I loved how their relationship developed, starting with their first humorous meeting.

I enjoyed all the characters in this book, even the ones that were more difficult to like. Not everything went smoothly and there were some kinks along the way to a satisfying ending. This is a perfect read for anyone who enjoys clean regency romance!

I received a complimentary copy from the publisher, which did not affect my review in any way

Mel's Shelves

Sign into Goodreads to see if any of your friends have read To Suit a Suitor.

Started Reading